German Brewing 1930

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bribie G

Adjunct Professor
Reaction score
This hasn't been shown on the forum for a couple of years. I love - might be of interest to newcomers.

I particularly notice that they fermented at 6-9 , and the use of the "coolship" prior to the chiller shows that HSA wasn't a big issue to them. It's also amazing that 99% of the German brewing terms are completely familiar or can be easily worked out - "trub" and "beer wort" for example. Also a cool depiction of decoction mashing.

Last edited by a moderator:
This hasn't been shown on the forum for a couple of years. I love - might be of interest to newcomers.

I particularly notice that they fermented at 6-9 , and the use of the "coolship" prior to the chiller shows that HSA wasn't a big issue to them. It's also amazing that 99% of the German brewing terms are completely familiar or can be easily worked out - "trub" and "beer wort" for example. Also a cool depiction of decoction mashing.

Thanks that was great to watch :icon_cheers:

Very cool, cheers :beer:

I like the way they used the candle to show the blanket of co2

I liked that there were lifting aids for all the barrels except when the poor ******* had to load the truck.

Was that you @ the end BribieG, lifting the barrel on to the truck?? Or was it Screwy?

"Dieses Bier ist so gut! Ich liebe es. Ich will es allen zu trinken. Wo habe ich meinen stein?"

Great Video!

Pretty interesting stuff. I note they used a separate lauter tun and a vessel after the kettle for separating the hops. Also everything performed after the boil was open to the air.

Then there was the crazy stepped mash schedule. I'm pretty sure that the temps were not correct, such as the 55C rest after the first decoction.

Cheers
MAh

Back