Geelong Beer Festival 2015

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
we were there today, popped into little creatures and also walked around the foreshore area - it is a nice spot

we will be coming along foa shoa

I live down Torquay way but I'm bloody away when its on -_- Recon I still might throw a few in the comp and see how they do.

I will probably be going on the day but definitely will not be entering the competition.
Last year was a great day out, fantastic entertainment and excellent beers. The location is great, part indoor and part outdoor so you can always find sun or shade.
The home brew competition however was a complete joke.
Any competition that will not divulge any results other than the winner of each category must have something to hide. If you are not allowed to know how your entry compared to the others then what is the point.
Last year you were able to see the judging take place and it was not impressive, this year the judging will happen over a few days before the event. No judges have been named for this year and this is definitely not a BJCP competition. They say "We've invited a well-credentialed judging panel" however what is more likely to happen is that any friend of the organiser with an opinion and a can-do attitude will be judging.
I will be saving my $10 per bottle entry fee and just ask my next door neighbour if he thinks my beer is good, at least I know the result will not be fixed!

Latest posts

Back