G'day from Canberra

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrTwalky

Reaction score
Hey AHB,
I'm living in the north of our nations capital and I've been brewing for about 3 years and a member here since Feb, it's about time I get a bit more involved in the brewing community!
Joining Canberra Brewers is definitely on the cards, they sound like a great group.

On a side note: has any body got an ear to the ground on where Richard from the Wig and Pen might be going? I heard rumours of a new place on Lonsdale Street...

Cheers

Yep, new place in Lonsdale St. Brewpub with a heavy emphasis on Travellers (what he calls growlers).

Lonsdale St is odd. Like a mini pre-gentrified Glebe or Richmond (VIC) plonked in the middle of the bush between car dealerships. I wonder how the new pub will be.

And g'day, welcome to the forum.

Hey Mate, welcome.

I am the social secretary for canberra brewers. If you want to have a chat about the club or anything else, feel free to drop me a line here or at [email protected]

We're in a bit of a state of flux at the moment, with a few date and venue moves, so rather than assume the traditional 'first thursday of the month at harmonie club', make sure you check the website beforehand. Our October meeting is tomorrow, and our November meeting will be in the city.

Thanks for the welcome everyone, and I'll be at a Canberra Brewers meeting ASAP, most likely November.

I work on Lonsdale St and it's definitely changed over the years, heaps more cafes. I'd love to see a brew pub though, that would be the bomb!!! I sense a few after work beers in the near future!
Does anyone know where or when on Lonsdale its scheduled to open? Maybe I'll look for a new job...

Happy brewing

It's the old mitsubishi building, I think.
Earlyish in the new year, I think.

Back