G'day from Brisbane

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick_S

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm a AG brewer and have just moved from Sydney to Brisbane and finally decided to sign up to AHB. Been brewing for just over 2 years now, AG the whole time.

Really love learning about beer & brewing and have rapidly accumulated a shelf full of brewing books. For me it's the perfect combination of nerdy science and creative expression.

Currently in my fermenter is an experimental yuzu pale ale, hopped with sorachi ace and mandarina bavaria, which I'll be adding yuzu concentrate to. Looking to get into kegging in the very near future and may seek some advice from the pages of this site.

I'll also be looking to seek advice for a local home brew club in Brisbane - I'm on the north side (Mitchelton) but may be willing to travel depending on train line proximity, etc.

Anyway, looking forward to joining the crew on here.

Prost!

Rick S

Welcome to the forum.
Brisbane Amateur Beer Brewers meet at the Coorparoo Bowls club handy to the busway.
See you at Winkle's next case swap at Everton Park.

Cheers

Welcome mate. Sounds like you're already blazing! Awesome. All the best.

Northside: civilised and urbane.

Southside: Californian featureless sprawl with the only redeeming feature being Craftbrewer at Capalaba.

And BABBs of course.
Also not forgetting Pine Rivers Underground Brewers, a fine club and handy to Mitchelton but you'd need to drive.

Bloody north side riff raff, disparaging the noble folk of the south. Boo, sir! Boo!

I live on the Ultra South Side over the ranges at Kyogle. Whenever I have to run the gauntlet through Jimboomba or Logan to get North of the river I usually wonder how people can live like that. Oh the humanity.
Of course Beaudesert and the appalling Mt. Lindsay Highway / third world goat track sets the mood for the rest of the journey...

Is that even Brisbane? Southside suburbs like Annerley, Greenslopes, Coorparoo etc are the best.

Cannon Hill suits me fine. Got a fine home brew shop a minute's walk from my door and Hawthorne Cellars just down the road.

Being a Born & Bred Queenslander & a former Ferny Hills Original I've always found South Side to be a place to be avoided at all costs if humanly possible?

The trip to CraftBrewer (and back) through the Southern Wastelands requires lots of internal fortitude & multiple grittings of the teeth. :lol:

TidalPete said:
Being a Born & Bred Queenslander & a former Ferny Hills Original I've always found South Side to be a place to be avoided at all costs if humanly possible?

The trip to CraftBrewer (and back) through the Southern Wastelands requires lots of internal fortitude & multiple grittings of the teeth. :lol:

That's funny stuff.
Cheers Pete. :lol: :p

Soufsiderz 4 eva! (where's that 'tounge in cheek' emoticon when you need it?)

Jimboomba, Browns Plains etc doesn't count.... Holland park to the river only!

Welcom to the forum Rick, if you don't want to risk travelling through the 'barren wastelands" of the south, you can head north to HoppyDays in Zillmere also. Steve is well stocked, and a good bloke to chat with.

TidalPete said:

Not to mention numerous sampling out of the taps at Bacchus to prepare you for the return journey.

Second Matplat's comment, not knocking the excellent CraftBrewer but Hoppy days is a great option for Northsiders.

TidalPete said:

And this Pete.

https://www.themessenger.online/breakingthenews

Latest posts

Back