G'day from Sydney

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

welly2

Reaction score
So I finally made it. Got here about a week and a half ago, started my new job, been in the process of finding a place to live, which I have. Actually, trying to find the right place to live was the tricky bit. But I have done! It's got the perfect brewing area and my new housemate has encouraged me to make a Coopers Pale for her. I think I can stretch to making something like that. We even have an outdoor fridge which I'm going to suggest I plumb with my Perlick taps. There's a lot I'm missing from the NT (mates, the weather, the crocs) but got my old mates in Sydney back, access to plenty of brewing shops and cold running water. My Grainfather chiller may finally get an outing! Exciting times ahead and I'll look forward to eventually sharing a few beers with some of you mob!

Cheers!

welly

Oh yeah, while I'm thinking about it and now I'm in a situation I actually have to think about heating as well instead of just cooling in my fermentation fridge, what should I be looking for as a heater? Those heat pads or some kind of lamp?

I use a heat pad. Works fine. I run the heat pad and fermentation fridge off a mash master controller and it holds the fermentation at the right temp regardless of the time of year.

A lamp would work but I always worried about having a bright lamp shining on my beer. I know it's UV that impacts beer and light globes don't put out much of that but even so. And it's getting hard to get the incandescent bulbs. Couldn't heat the fridge with an led or compact fluorescent.

Cheers
Dave

Good thinking 99

Back