G'Day Brewers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Guys, long time drinker, short time brewer. I've been doing Extract and Fresh Wort since May, the bug has got me and 'm keen to learn all about All Grain, hoping to learn a heap from you guys, cheers!!!

welcome in,
suggest meandering around forum threads to get ideas, then do a search if you want to go deeper, and if you've got questions, fire away. there's a lot of good info to process without going chemistry pedantic (that can come later unless you're a science nutter).
probably a good equipment start (if you're interested in single vessel brews, is braumeister v grainfather v guten v brewzilla). plenty of other systems (3v (3 vessel), can depend on available space and water.
just something to get you drooling and confused

Definitely worth hooking up with a club. There's nothing so good as an experienced brewer showing you the ropes for your first batch. Takes out a lot of guess work and stress. I did just that for one of my friends earlier this week.
I prefer to argue with people on forums, go my own way, wonder why my beer is never "right" and repeat. It's a viscous cycle that leads me to drink more, which leads to brewing more, which leads to more arguing and stubbornness on my part and yeah.

Anyway, a club would be good. To bad COVID ruined it for us (melb) so welcome, and always remember with all advice you get.

You're brewing for yourself. Do what works for you.

I prefer to argue with people on forums, go my own way, wonder why my beer is never "right" and repeat. It's a viscous cycle that leads me to drink more, which leads to brewing more, which leads to more arguing and stubbornness on my part and yeah.

Anyway, a club would be good. To bad COVID ruined it for us (melb) so welcome, and always remember with all advice you get.

You're brewing for yourself. Do what works for you.
This won the internet for me today!!!

Latest posts

Back