Gay Clam Baking Workshop

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
QB you feeling left out or something... chilli out and have a beer!

Anyhow, GB... I just knocked up a pav and sponge for work tommorow..... So take your pick pav or sponge I make them both well. Have not done a Indian Dessert before tho I would love to be able to make Gulabs... Now not sure if PP can make a dahl, so Ill make that to as Im already doing the Eggplant its easier enough for me to do the dahl!( We can give PP a spoon to stir the POT as his good at that! LOL!) I do a great one with mustard seeds and curry leaves! For the sourdough why don't we sway towards Indian and do something Kashmiri style which has fruit and nuts in it! We could also do a savoury one to go with the Alysha magic parcels.

Or if no desert maybe we can do a cheese platter those cheeses you spoke about in the cheese thread are great. I work just down from Dj's so can pick up some beauties.

Katie

Ha! Found it!

I wanna do the egg curry cos it's bloody nice and it is really easy. Either that or a nice fillet steak (whole fillets for $17.95/kg at IGA down the road Katie.) Take your pick vego man!

Is Pina coming?

Love
Bronze Boy

Ha! Found it!

I wanna do the egg curry cos it's bloody nice and it is really easy. Either that or a nice fillet steak (whole fillets for $17.95/kg at IGA down the road Katie.) Take your pick vego man!

Is Pina coming?

Love
Bronze Boy

Are you going to use Keens Curry Power or Clove of India???? What mayo are you going use full egg or praise????? Kidding you bring your egg curry Ill still do a small the dahl... If we dont eat it all left overs for the vego's....

hor1l.jpg

For the benefit of those who have never seen one up close, here is the fabled bearded clam.
Found in the cold deep waters of the Pacific North West, diners pay big money for them.

{trivia of the day}

stagga.

Yum!

Are you going to use Keens Curry Power or Clove of India???? What mayo are you going use full egg or praise?????

Here's the recipe I use...

1. Ring Georgie.
2. Go to Georgie's and pick egg curry up.
3. Enjoy.

Told you it was easy and Georgie only uses the finest quality ingredients mixed in mortar and pestle. Works really well for me :)

Nev, can Pina's sister come too?

Yum!

1. Ring Georgie.
3. Enjoy.

Told you it was easy and Georgie only uses the finest quality ingredients mixed in mortar and pestle. Works really well for me :)

I knew it!

Food, eh?

Oh, I see. It's some sort of pre-organised thing where you all know the meaning of it, despite no mention of such a pre-existing notion, but anyone else who happened across the thread would have no frickin clue what the f was going on. That makes sense. <_<

I'm off to start a thread entitled 'lesbian folk-singing trepanation addicts' in which I'll post the latter half of a conversation I had last week - and I'm going to tell anyone who doesn't immediately get that it's a not just random drunken crap that they should "Let it go".

At the risk of sounding like a teenie-bopper... "What-eva!" Actually, scrap that. In the voice of G.O.B. from Arrested Development; "C'mon!"

2007_03_16_stonecutters.jpg

It's a secret.

We need a Dhal to go with that.

No idea what you guys are on about buts heres my house daal recipe that is so bloody easy.

Ingredients

200gms red split lentils
1 tspn Salt
Half tspn tumeric
Water
2 tbsn oil
1tspn cumin seeds
Large pinch of asafoetida
2-3 whole red dried chillies broken up or 1 tspns hot chilli powder
1tspn mustard seeds
1 tbspn minced garlic
Half an onion

Instructions

Wash daal in a bowl and sieve until water runs clear
Put daal in pot
Add water to cover (inch or 2 above daal)
Add tspn salt and the turmeric to the daal
Bring to boil and then simmer for about 20 mins (until the lentils are soft by not mushy)
Heat oil in a separate pan
Add cumin, asafotida, mustard seeds, garlic and onion
Turn heat down when the cumin and mustard seeds start popping.
Add red chillies or chilli powder and stir.
Cook for about 10 mins so the onions are cooked.
Add this to the the cooked daal
Serve with a garnish of coriander leaves.

Cheers! :beer:
Steve

No idea what you guys are on about buts heres my house daal recipe that is so bloody easy.

Ingredients

200gms red split lentils
1 tspn Salt
Half tspn tumeric
Water
2 tbsn oil
1tspn cumin seeds
Large pinch of asafoetida
2-3 whole red dried chillies broken up or 1 tspns hot chilli powder
1tspn mustard seeds
1 tbspn minced garlic
Half an onion

Instructions

Wash daal in a bowl and sieve until water runs clear
Put daal in pot
Add water to cover (inch or 2 above daal)
Add tspn salt and the turmeric to the daal
Bring to boil and then simmer for about 20 mins (until the lentils are soft by not mushy)
Heat oil in a separate pan
Add cumin, asafotida, mustard seeds, garlic and onion
Turn heat down when the cumin and mustard seeds start popping.
Add red chillies or chilli powder and stir.
Cook for about 10 mins so the onions are cooked.
Add this to the the cooked daal
Serve with a garnish of coriander leaves.

Steve
Steve Thats just like the one I make, and its good, as much as I like Mung dahl , red lentil dahl's come up a treat.I usually fry a taka of just Cummin and Black mustard seeds in Ghee to add right at the end, try it! Shite how many people know what asafadita (Hing ) is? That two of us.
GB

Steve

Yep, I think LloydieP was a tad pissed when he started the thread. It follows on from some random discussion in a sourdough thread! The long and short of it is, I think, we are going to Nev's for a feast of beer and food but even I don't know what date it is!!!

Just spoke to Nev and while we are still a tad unclear on the date he said you are most welcome to come :icon_cheers:

Like your recipe Steve!

;)
Pat

Steve Thats just like the one I make, and its good, as much as I like Mung dahl , red lentil dahl's come up a treat.I usually fry a taka of just Cummin and Black mustard seeds in Ghee to add right at the end, try it! Shite how many people know what asafadita (Hing ) is? That two of us.
GB

You need a good tasty taka, the more the merrier ive found... gotta use black mustard seeds. Hing is unfortunately an undiscovered spice. Might have something to do with the smell of it uncooked? Have a goody
Cheers
Steve

Yum!

1. Ring Georgie.
3. Enjoy.

Pat, Pina will come if she know's you will be here. Her sister as you know, likes a good man , we just have to find one for her :rolleyes: May be she is into gay clams'.
GB

Give me a shout if you need a real indian recipe. None of this keens curry powder nonsense.
Cheers Pat
Steve

Georgie is my sister and she is an exquisite cook. I go around there for a feed about once a week and swear I haven't had the same feed twice and certainly haven't eaten better in any restaurant! No Keen's for her (or me). Keep posting your recipes Steve!

LloydieP came up with some Gold Medal stuff a few weeks ago at 3am in the morning after the Royal Perth Beer Show Exhibitor Tasting. Problem is, none of us can remember what he cooked!

Spot!

Pat, Pina will come if she know's you will be here. Her sister as you know, likes a good man , we just have to find one for her :rolleyes: May be she is into gay clams'.
GB

Great news! If things don't work out with Pina, I'm a good man and if worse comes to worst, I will even wear a gay clam costume. I think QantumBrfewer has one.

Steve my recipe is nearly the same also, I either use the red lentil or the yellow (the one Nev was talking about)... tho I use green chillis split down the centre. When I fry off the mustard seed I also put curry leaves in also... The earthy flavour of the leaves goes so well with the earthy flavour of the lentils.

I was joking about the keens powder!

Steve on Monday Ill send you a recipe for Bhindi Karchari its fantastic its served as side (Neville you will like it to)... It's fried okra in a coconut yoghurt paste.. Quite fattening Im thinking as you then top it with a mustard seed fried oil! Not the most attractive dish but its heaven. Fresh okra is best of cause but I have also had success with the frozens ones.

Even the Indian guy (whom's wife is the best southern Indian cook on the planet) loved it!

Ill also send you the Hot and Sour eggplant dish Im doing for the Gay Clam Bake if you like?

Pistol the dish Lloyd cooked was a hot satay chicken dish!

asafotida is used hugly by the hari kishnas (so spelling) as there diet does not allow garlic or onion...

Steve my recipe is nearly the same also, I either use the red lentil or the yellow (the one Nev was talking about)... tho I use green chillis split down the centre. When I fry off the mustard seed I also put curry leaves in also... The earthy flavour of the leaves goes so well with the earthy flavour of the lentils.

I was joking about the keens powder!

Steve on Monday Ill send you a recipe for Bhindi Karchari its fantastic its served as side (Neville you will like it to)... It's fried okra in a coconut yoghurt paste.. Quite fattening Im thinking as you then top it with a mustard seed fried oil! Not the most attractive dish but its heaven. Fresh okra is best of cause but I have also had success with the frozens ones.

Even the Indian guy (whom's wife is the best southern Indian cook on the planet) loved it!

Ill also send you the Hot and Sour eggplant dish Im doing for the Gay Clam Bake if you like?

Pistol the dish Lloyd cooked was a hot satay chicken dish!

Dont you just love the smell of fresh curry leaves? Earthy is a spot on discription. Might chuck some in with my daal im making tonight. For sure send me some recipes. Love trying different things. Never had okra before. Looking forward to it.
Cheers guys - have a good gay clam bake! Wish I could come!
Steve

Dont you just love the smell of fresh curry leaves? Earthy is a spot on discription. Might chuck some in with my daal im making tonight. For sure send me some recipes. Love trying different things. Never had okra before. Looking forward to it.
Cheers guys - have a good gay clam bake! Wish I could come!
Steve

I will send it Monday... Okra is a interesting vegetable, it needs oil and needs to be fried so its crispy... beware it produces a sticky resin, hence to reason to fry it off.

Latest posts

Back