Gassing Kegs, What Has Gone Wrong?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daawl

Reaction score
What have I done wrong????

Did my first keg over christmas running a balanced system and carbing up over a week at serving pressure. Worked like a treat, couldn't have been happier :)

I have now got two kegs in the fridge (which I have fully converted fit 2) which are showing the signs of overcarbonation. ie lots of froth bugger all beer, gas pockets forming in beer line.

The only two things that i can think of that i have done differantly is
  1. add a T piece into gas line (inside fridge) to run the two Kegs (I only ran one last time)
  2. Outside temp kept changing dramatically from morning and evening (It gets hot here in Dubbo :angry: ) so reg kept giving different readings.
The only other possablity is that the kids played with the reg (reasonably probable, will have to devise a box or something to block access)

Was planning to use the kegs this weekend for a party What am I to do????? :(

Shake and release pressure.
Repeat and repeat.
Leave for two hours and check.
If still over carbed repeat above.

When happy with carbonation level.

Set reg at correct pouring pressure and reconnect.

Ban the kids from the brewery.

Cheers FROGMAN.....

Hey Frogman,

JFYI, you can get key-lockable regulators - check out the sponsor's links if you're interested.

Cheers,
Michael.

:D
Make sure the little ones have not turned the thermostat to the point where the beer is semi frozen.
Cheers Altstart

Make sure the little ones have not turned the thermostat to the point where the beer is semi frozen.
Cheers Altstart

Thats a good point. I know the inside fridge is allways freezing the fruit as the eldest likes playing with the temp control.

Will check it out.

Cheers
Gavin

You've read this thread Ross Method haven't you?

Yes I have, I am currently happy with letting the brew sit for a week to help with the conditioning and just get the balance right.
SWMBO also encourages AFD's also :huh: . with minimul results :D

Latest posts

Back