Gaskell & Chambers Beer Engines

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jono_w

Reaction score
Brewers,

I came across these Gaskell & Chambers beer engines today, Obviously missing a few pieces.
the pistons and valves are all working , I think i will make a new linkage and hook them up.
Anyone know anything about them?
pumps.jpg
details.jpg
Cheers.

Not personally.
It may be worth looking at a working one (a nearby brewer?) and all the pieces then compare it to what you have there.

Brewers,

I came across these Gaskell & Chambers beer engines today, Obviously missing a few pieces.
the pistons and valves are all working , I think i will make a new linkage and hook them up.
Anyone know anything about them?
View attachment 29627
View attachment 29628
Cheers.

Just had a google. Lots of Interesting things. They were barfitters from Birmingham from 1800 onwards. Below is a newsletter showing a very old illustration of the workings (on page 12)....Do a google

http://www.hertsale.org.uk/newsletter/pov226.pdf

Cheers
Steve

Not personally.
It may be worth looking at a working one (a nearby brewer?) and all the pieces then compare it to what you have there.

that would be great if i didn't live 4 hours away from anywhere,

Steve:

I should have mentioned I have had a extensive Google and found that same link along with other auctions and a couple of pictures.
I thought someone might have a working set they could take a pic of..
workings.jpg
Cheers.

Latest posts

Back