Gas Line Into A Beer Fridge

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jpiwek

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Can anyone give me a little advise on putting a gas line into a beer fridge.

I just ebayed a 460l. Ignis for $130 which seems to be a good deal and its going to be a beauty. Its a six kegger and Im really looking forward to getting it pouring. Its been along time since I had kegs and cant wait!!! :chug:

Before I get carried away with the drill is it O.K to put a hole on the side of the fridge to put the gas line thru? Has anyone run into problems doing this. I thought Id ask before I went ahead.

Thanks allot, Jason.

I used a bulkhead connector from Craft Brewer, think they cost like 6$AUD or something like that. That, and a can of the expanding foam insuilation in a can will take care of that quite well. Add a manifold inside and one-way valves and you'll be good to hook.

Cheers,
Will

When I had fridge that didn't fit the cylinder I just drilled a hole in the door. You can always fill it in when you get brave about drilling a hole through the side.

Having said that the insulation in the old beer fridge was glass fibre so easier to start from the inside if drilling through the side same probably applies if insulation is solid.

DSrilled through the side of my brand new westighouse 410litre no problemo. Put a an airlock grommet on the inside and the outside of the fridge, wet the gas line a bit and slide it straight through!

If its a westinghouse/simpson/hoover or kelvinator PM me the model number and I'll email you the manual with all the tech info in it. - I work for electrolux.

just did it the other day with no issues, except for the old fridge being built from 8mm steel.!!!! :lol: took a while to get through even with the bi-metal.
Just drill through the outer wall then get a screwdriver or pen etc.. and poke around to make sure you wont hit any gas line or electricals, it will also clear through the insulation.... then drill through to the inner.
you shouldnt have any troubles. Ive just used blutak to seal the holes.

Drill a small pilot hole where you want your gas line and then have a poke around inside with a screwdriver to double check that theres no wires of gas lines in the way and then drill all the way through.

When I had fridge that didn't fit the cylinder I just drilled a hole in the door. You can always fill it in when you get brave about drilling a hole through the side.

Having said that the insulation in the old beer fridge was glass fibre so easier to start from the inside if drilling through the side same probably applies if insulation is solid.

I didnt think about putting the whole gas bottle inside. Still its a brand new Micromatic regulator I would hate to bugger it up :angry:

Ah mabe Ill just do that Gotta get the taps flowin'!

Drilling a hole thru only the metal first then having a poke around is a really good idea (now why dont I think of these things...) For this keg Ive got the gas bottle inside the fridge and Carbonation has comenced :super:

Ill try drilling the hole some other day when I paint the thing too. Im going to go with the fridge spray paint I saw the other day. Now how else can I pimp my new fridge?

Thanks allot guys.

Back