Gas And Beer Lines Query

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve

On the back bloody porch!
Reaction score
Im upgrading from my 2 keg fridge to a 4 keg fridge soon. I have all the parts now and was just wondering about the length of the gas and beer lines. Do I cut them to the same length that they currently are with my 2 kegs? At the moment I have the gas line going in through the side of the fridge to a T that then goes to the 2 gas in posts with two beer outs going to the taps. The beer lines at the moment are very long and generally give me the shits as they have to be coiled up, but they are working fine. On my new set up there will be a splitter on the gas line inside the fridge, leading to two T's leading to 4 gas ins. On the outs, there will be the 4 beer outs leading to the taps. I'd like to have just straight lines with no coiling of the excess line if you know what I mean? Any ideas? Start off long?
Cheers
Steve

You can do anything you want with the gas lines. Length doesn't matter at all.

But your beer lines are another story.

If the length you are using now pours your beers nicely, then I would make the next ones the same length.

All the kegs will end up being the same pressure and that is why the lines want to be the same as well.

If you have Cellie taps with the flow control than you can make them shorter.

bud

If the length you are using now pours your beers nicely, then I would make the next ones the same length.
agreed. this will ensure you get the same poour into the glass for each beer. that may be an issue if you have different styles in each keg, but thats a tricky thing to fix if you only have a single pressure gas regulator. balancing is tough enough to do for one set up (i find anyway) so messing with different lengths of beer line from one reghulator is not a probem i would want.
joe
and congrats on the upgrade :beer:

I have only recently entered the kegging component of brewing and have already discovered if all your beer is at he same carbonation level and thus one serving pressure one regulator is fine. However when you have one beer at a low carbonation level and another at a high carbonation level then you need to main two different pressures in the kegs to keep it all in balance - thus a two regulator system.

Line lengths can be overcome by using Celli taps but that does not alter the fact it takes a given pressure to keep that co2 where it should be for a specific carbonation level.

Latest posts

Back