• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Full 3.5kg CO2 extinguisher - Gold Coast $50.00

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thebrunks

Reaction score
I have for sale 2 x 3.5 Kg CO2 fire extinguishers which are full (unused)

Pyrene brand.

$50 ea.

Russ

Ph 0412375742

Extinguisher.jpg

Just an update these have a 1/4" npt female thread which is the same thread that most regulators use for the stem to reg.
I can source 3" 1/4 NPT to 1/4 NPT for $5 to go with them. So all you have to do is remove the Type 30 stem & fit the 1/4 to 1/4 NPT stem. You can also use Argon & Oxygen regs this way too.

Might be worth pointing out you need to use these upside down until the dip tube can be removed, my old one is still strapped to the bench in the shed.

What's the service dates on these?

Yob said:
Might be worth pointing out you need to use these upside down until the dip tube can be removed, my old one is still strapped to the bench in the shed.

What's the service dates on these?
I've been running mine right way up for about 3 years now and haven't had any problems with liquid CO2 coming through the lines

The last pressure test was in Jan 2013 (According to the yellow tags)

Apparantly the "Food Grade" to "Industrial Grade" is mainly the container used.

I know the local extinguisher guy uses the same CO2 for my Gas bottles as he does for CO2 extinguishers, I haven't had these refilled as they're still full.

I also use a CO2 extinguisher on my Mig Welder instead of Argon / Co2. Heaps cheaper than throw away bottles or bottle rental.

I have a few 3.5 kg extinguishers with type 30 thread ready to accept CO2 regs.

These need to be used inverted until refilled as they still have the dip tube in them.

They are full & ready to use.

$50 each. (On the Gold Coast)

I use one for my MIG welder & one for my beer.

Cheers

Russ

IMAG0424.jpg

smokomark said:
top end - bottom end?
???

Do u mean is the dip tube still in??? the answer is yes & the extinguisher needs to be inverted (Turned upside down) to use until it need refilling. It's no big deal, I just use a rope & tie it upside down & tie it in so it can't fall off.

CO2.jpg

Ok, i'm at Coombabah (North End), but I can drop off to south end tomorrow as I need to go to Currmbin.

Got any more of these mate? We will be moving there next month and I'm looking for a co2 bottle to buy. Sick of renting one!

Is it worth replacing the trigger with a normal valve and standing upright? No idea of costs for conversion...

I asked boc before I hired my current bottle and there is apparently only a 1% difference between industrial and food grade. At least, that's what they told me (I went with food grade anyway but won't bother next refill)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cool, mate I will be in touch. We will have settled by the end of April, somewhere down there. Any recommendations or areas to avoid?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

McFeast said:
Is it worth replacing the trigger with a normal valve and standing upright? No idea of costs for conversion...
I have been using a fire extinguisher for ages standing upright as normal.No problems,no need to turn them upside down.
There is a bloke putting valves in and filling.Not sure of costs yet but I am getting one done soon.
I think it is worth doing as sometimes they leak at the trigger.They are not designed to be on for long periods.
Will PM the info when I find out.

Back