• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

FS: Small Beer Fridge - Brisbane

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

msydes

Reaction score
Hi all,

Small bar fridge for sale - 49cm Wide, 82cm High, 53cm Deep.
I used to keep my brews in when I was bottling. Would fit roughly... 50x500ml swingtops in there.

$30 - pickup in Coorparoo.

Michael

IMG_20161015_164534.jpg

IMG_20161015_164524.jpg

Hey mate,

I'm away w/ work at the moment, but will be back late Friday night.
Will measure Saturday morning and get back to you.

Cheers,
M

Doubt any. It was just too small for a 30L FV (I'm really selling it, aren't I?), which is why I only ever used it for bottles.
Never tried w/ a keg (as I stopped using it when I got kegs), so will check when I get back. If the ledge along the bottom doesn't stick out too much, might be in luck.

M

No worries mate. Just looking at getting a fridge to store my kegs in while they wait to be tapped is all. Will wait and see how it goes. Thanks mate!

i did the old "bend the cooling bit down" on one of those about 4 years back.
did it slowly after cutting the plastic pins holding it to the roof inside.

It was a free fridge but with a dodgy thermostat i replaced with a STC-1000......

it's still going and has a fermenter in it right now :)

only fits 1 keg but....

Okay, amazing drawings included.
So you have 60cm of usable space before you hit the cooling thing up top. There is a shelf at the bottom that is 18cm high, half of which you can remove, the other half is where the compressor sits and is permanent.
Please don't ask me to draw anything ever again.

It won't fit any kegs, just too short.

Price drop to $20.

q2Sxwxf.jpg

...not even shorter pin-lock kegs? I had a fridge that held 2 pin-locks, but the space was too restricted for ball-locks.

Not sure - I only have ball lock, so just measured one of those. Door has shelves too which I imagine will cut in on where you'd want to put a keg. Would be veeeeeeeeery tight if it went in there at all. Think this is more of a fridge to keep bottles in rather than a keg fridge, regardless of design.

Seriously, for $20 someone should buy this and have a go at bending down the freezer compartment to turn this into a fermenting fridge. I already own too many fridges and its a bit far away but otherwise I would be on this.

Back