• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Fs > Motor > Perth

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benno1973

Beer Idiot
Reaction score
I have a motor that's been sitting in my shed for 6 months. There was a time when I was going to do something with it, but I realise now that time is always just 'sometime in the future', so maybe it's time to sell it.

I know nothing about motors (which is probably why I've never done anything with it). On the label is written:

Ametek
Lamb Electrical Division
Kent, Ohio 44240

230VDC Nominal

It's big and heavy. I haven't tested it, because I don't really know how. I don't have a set of calipers, but the shaft appears to be around 5/8". If anyone wants that measured exactly, I can borrow some calipers in the next few days and measure it.

Open to any offers, if anyone thinks that they can use this for a mill motor or something similar. Or even for a non-brewing related purpose (god forbid!). Due to the weight, this is pickup only from Bayswater.

IMG_0338.jpg

IMG_0339.jpg

IMG_0341.jpg

IMG_0342.jpg

That looks like it is a DC motor.

I don't think anyone will be able to use it mate.

Cheers,
bud

Is it possible to run a DC motor at lower voltage to reduce the RPMs and increase torque?

Otherwise, can anyone else use it for something else?

Lowering the voltage will also decrease torque. At 230 volt nominal I don't believe you will get much out of it with 24 volts.

A power supply large enough will cost a lot more than the motor is worth.

Cool, thanks for the advice, will ebay it, then freecycle if nothing from ebay...

Back