• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

FS:Melbourne 20l SS Jomack Urn $40

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djar007

Reaction score
For sale is a 20 litre Jomack urn. I dont use it and the scale on it will be very easy to remove with some sodium perc or whatever you use. Just offering it up to the community cheap and will even swap it for something if you like. Has sight glass , lid and works well.

20130316_113538.jpg

20130316_113543.jpg

20130316_113553.jpg

yeah i dont think sodium per alone will get that off

It didn't clean up much better so I will have to get more harsh with it. I did use the lemons and they helped but it needs more.

I reckon buy some pbw and let it soak for a few days and see how it comes up then

Descaler. Nothing beats it. Really susprised by the scale. Must have been fed on water from one of the in-land reservoirs?

Thanks, its soaking now and Ill buy some descaler and give that a go too. Ill put a pic up once Ive had a good go at it.

Thanks for the beer too, tasty stuff, good luck with the saison.

Cheers mate. Hope it goes well.
Be doing the saison today , good day for it, gotta love been stuck at home for the school holidays.

Some updated pics, thanks again.

Soaked in Descale Magic as per packet instructions, gave it a good scrub and with a new tap, doesn't come out too bad.

2013_04_29_20_11_52.jpg
2013_04_29_19_59_29.jpg

I couldn't get the top properly without boiling water over the top, but as Ill be doing small batches it shouldn't touch. Will give it a crack this weekend.

Back