• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Fs: Melb Hop Rhizomes/plants (9 Varieties)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wolfy

Reaction score
I did some maintenance on my hops today and pulled off a few excess rhizomes/plantlets that were growing outside of the hop-beds.
Most all are starting to shoot/grow leaves and need to go back in the ground ASAP, no postage to WA/TAS, local pickup prefered.
$10 ea, plus postage.
Most individual rhizomes will fit in 500g post pack ($7.20), some of the larger ones and more than 1 will need bigger size post pack ($11.40), Victorian postage might be cheaper for some things.

Here are the parent plants and last years harvest.
3rd picture shows monster Tet and Golding plants (the top-wires are 5m above the ground so the plants are not as small as the photos make them look).

3x POR, small/medium rhizomes with shoots
1x Mt Hood, medium/long rhizome
1x Fuggle, medium plantlet (thumb size rhizome with leaves/roots)
1x Cluster, medium/long rhizome
1x Victoria, medium/short rhizome
1x Halleratu,
1x Nugget, small rhizome
6x Tettnang, good sized rhizomes
12x Golding, 2 large, 10 medium/long
4x Golding, small plantlet/rhizomes (free with multiple purchase of other rhizomes)

Will try to get a phone-cam-photo soon (left my camera with the hops).
Should be some more Halleratu next week and some decent sized rhizomes from the unknown/wild Victorian western district heritage hops.

Hi Wolfy,
If I can grab a Halleratu and Tettnang off you, would be appreciated.
Cheers Camelbak
Will forward a pm

hopbabys.jpg

From left to right, POR, Mt Hood, Fuggle, Halleratu, Cluster, Victoria, Nugget, Tettnang's.

Golding's:
hopbabys1.jpg

Mt Hood, Victoria, Tettnang & Halleratu spoke for.
Might have more Halleratu next week.

1x Tett, Golding, POR also spoken for (but more of each still available).

What's left at this stage:

2x small POR ($10 for both)
1x Fuggle plantlet
1x Cluster
A few Tettnang
Lots of Golding (including freebies if you buy multiple other varieties).

Wolfy,

Can I get the Cluster rhizome and we can trade rhizome for cash at the club meeting ?

Duck

Can I get the Cluster rhizome and we can trade rhizome for cash at the club meeting ?
Sure, should be fine that long since it's not started shooting yet.

That means all that is left is some Tettnang and lots of Golding (maybe more Halleratu next week, not sure).

my victoria and mt hood turned up today both looking very healthy with a few shoots. I take it that the small one that wasnt marked was a goldings ? Thanks again mate

my victoria and mt hood turned up today both looking very healthy with a few shoots. I take it that the small one that wasnt marked was a goldings ? Thanks again mate
Yep, each parcel I sent had a small Golding included, treat it with some TLC (maybe grow in a pot for a while) and it should be fine, their parent plants are huge/sprawling.

Yep, each parcel I sent had a small Golding included, treat it with some TLC (maybe grow in a pot for a while) and it should be fine, their parent plants are huge/sprawling.

great just got them in the ground

thanks Wolfy just got them planted

Cool, they should grow well - just not sure how much they'll flower up north.

they are sending up shoots, the tettnang has been slow but all 3 are through now!

I guess we will have to wait and see how we go for flowers...

Latest posts

Back