• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Fs: Melb: Complete All Grain Setup

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wolfy

Reaction score
I'm in the process of upgrading to an all SS 3V system, so my existing setup is for sale.
It includes everything needed to transition from kit-brewing to all grain brewing and has served me well for a couple of years now.
All items work well, but are in 'used condition', that is they have dings, marks, stains and scratches that come from being used well.

Preference will be given to selling the setup complete for $250.
But I will consider splitting it as long as all the items are sold (and I may list it on ebay if it does not sell here).

The items will be available for pickup from Berwick in about 2 weeks time.
The reason for the advert now and delay in pickup is that I plan to brew 2 more batches of beer in that time.
So if the person buying the complete setup would like to come and watch/help me brew a batch of AG beer on the equipment they are most welcome.
(No take-home wort, it will take hours and likely be boring there will be lots of time to drink beer, but you'll see how I use it etc).

Marga Mill $50
Intake and crush roller gap adjusted, hopper slot widened to full length and comes with the grain hopper (holds 5-6kg of grain).
10minIPA5.jpg

55l Willow Cooler/MashTun $50
Includes chrome 1/2" ball valve, brass compression fitting and slotted copper manifold (tap fitting is a bit rough but works fine with bake-ware silicon 'washer').
10minIPA13.jpg

manifold2.jpg

manifold1.jpg

30L 2400W Roband Urn (HLT/Boiler) $100
Exposed element type, so it boils 30L (22-24L batches) no problems.
Includes chrome 1/2" ball valve, brass compression fitting and slotted copper pickup (use with pickup for whole hops and without - just whirlpool - for pellet hops).
10minIPA15.jpg

10minIPA16.jpg

DIY Counterflow Chiller : $50
1/2 a coil of 9mm soft copper (about 9m I think), encased in a garden hose, and housed in a milk-crate, includes fittings and flushing hose.
(Works well, drops wort temp to within a deg of two of tap water temp as quickly as the urn is drained (approx 15-20mins), however the copper-soldering on the outer t-pieces (that attach/hold the garden hose) are not so good and leak a little, this has been patched with 'liquid steel' - which never comes in contact with the wort).
10minIPA19.jpg

Will also include the 2 plastic fermentors (15L and 30L) used to transfer wort from mash to kettle (since its a 2V not 3V setup), lengths of vinyl hose and any other bits-and-pieces that I find around that are needed.
More pictures are available on request, I hope the price is resonable but offers are welcome.

DIBS ON MILL IF IT'S SPLIT.. considering the whole lot

[edit] nice use of a structural scratching post too :lol:

DIBS ON MILL IF IT'S SPLIT.. considering the whole lot

[edit] nice use of a structural scratching post too :lol:
You might need to consider the lot, DU99 sent me a PM before he posted here:
THe Mill, DU99 Today, 08:26 PM <- which means that it arrived 3mins before your post, so if it does need to be split up, I don't know another way to be fair about it.

Got a link or something for how you made that CFC? I'd buy yours, but I've already got a copper immersion.
Thanks.

That Urn looks like it has a Catheter poking out of its tracky dacks :eek:

If you end up splitting it all out, put me down for the copper manifold.

If not, I'll be heading of to BunningsMasters for 2 metres of copper piping and a new hacksaw blade.

If you end up splitting it all out, put me down for the copper manifold.

If not, I'll be heading of to BunningsMasters for 2 metres of copper piping and a new hacksaw blade.
I've got the other 1/2 a coil of copper here that I was thinking of selling (not sure if I want to make a mash-heat-exchanger or not).
It's probably about 8m, (I was thinking about $20), but check what Bunnings (is Masters here yet?) want for small rolls first.

:icon_offtopic: Followed by one at Burnside(deer park)and it's opposite a bunnings store

The items will be available for pickup from Berwick in about 2 weeks time.
The reason for the advert now and delay in pickup is that I plan to brew 2 more batches of beer in that time.
So if the person buying the complete setup would like to come and watch/help me brew a batch of AG beer on the equipment they are most welcome.
Just a bump because today is 2nd-to-last Brew Day.

OT Masters is what the "project oxygen stores" are? the Lowes/Woolies JV?

Happy to say that this (everything above) has been sold to an AHBer (and not some random from EBay, even if it did cost me the listing fees to pull it from Ebay).

Latest posts

Back