Fs Hops

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itguy1953

Reaction score
Hi guys

Under instructions from SWHMBO I am slowing up on my brewing over the next 6 months while I get my property into shape to sell. We are planning to move to a smaller place, so I need to get rid of a bit of surplus gear and hops. Today, it is my hop inventory that needs to be downsized.

I have the following hops for sale in 200g vac bags. They have been in my freezer since I bought them (up to 12 months ago) so they are still in good nick. I have listed the number of bags I have of each. Price is $10 per 200g bag ($50/kg). I can post them in Express Post bags throughout Australia for $13. I think I can put around 2Kg in one of these bags - maybe a bit more.

Northern Brewer (4) - 10.5% alpha, 2009 crop (150g packets only for $10)

Amarillo (6) - 8.9% alpha, 2009 crop

Czech Saaz (6) - 2.5% alpha, 2008 crop

US Brewers Gold (6) - 7.7% alpha, 2008 crop.

Descriptions of these hops are as follows :

Northern Brewer - Great bittering hop, fairly neutral & compliments most other hops perfectly. Every brewer should have some.
Amarillo - Beautiful aromatic hop. Amarillo has a real stone fruit taste. The signature hop of James Squire Golden ale.
Czech Saaz - Traditional noble hop, with a delicate earthyspicyness. The first choice for Czech-style Pilsners and light Lagers.
US Brewers Gold - High resin gives well balanced bitterness, fruity, black currant,spicy character.Mainly used as a bittering hop.

if I was to get one or 2 when would be best to plan them once they are in the ground or pot do they just stay there all the time ??

think I had better go look on the net for a how to grow hops

These are hop pellets for sale, not rhizomes.

Barry

if I was to get one or 2 when would be best to plan them once they are in the ground or pot do they just stay there all the time ??

think I had better go look on the net for a how to grow hops

these are for hop pellets phil :) be hard to find rhizomes this time of year start looking around march I think they start popping up. you can usually get them threw to sep/oct but they are best in the ground before then

They're hop pellets, philw, not plants :)

Hi guys

A lot of PM's do not seem to be coming through. Not sure why. Just in case I have not responded to you, this is probably the reason. My email address is [email protected]. Send me an email if you want anything.

Cheers
Barry

Hi guys

Under instructions from SWHMBO I am slowing up on my brewing over the next 6 months while I get my property into shape to sell. We are planning to move to a smaller place, so I need to get rid of a bit of surplus gear and hops. Today, it is my hop inventory that needs to be downsized.

I have the following hops for sale in 200g vac bags. They have been in my freezer since I bought them (up to 12 months ago) so they are still in good nick. I have listed the number of bags I have of each. Price is $10 per 200g bag ($50/kg). I can post them in Express Post bags throughout Australia for $13. I think I can put around 2Kg in one of these bags - maybe a bit more.

Northern Brewer (4) - 10.5% alpha, 2009 crop (150g packets only for $10)

Amarillo (6) - 8.9% alpha, 2009 crop

Czech Saaz (6) - 2.5% alpha, 2008 crop

US Brewers Gold (6) - 7.7% alpha, 2008 crop.

Descriptions of these hops are as follows :

Northern Brewer - Great bittering hop, fairly neutral & compliments most other hops perfectly. Every brewer should have some.
Amarillo - Beautiful aromatic hop. Amarillo has a real stone fruit taste. The signature hop of James Squire Golden ale.
Czech Saaz - Traditional noble hop, with a delicate earthyspicyness. The first choice for Czech-style Pilsners and light Lagers.
US Brewers Gold - High resin gives well balanced bitterness, fruity, black currant,spicy character.Mainly used as a bittering hop.

Still a few packets left of these hops if anyone is interested.

Barry

Hi guys

A lot of PM's do not seem to be coming through. Not sure why. Just in case I have not responded to you, this is probably the reason. My email address is [email protected]. Send me an email if you want anything.

Cheers
Barry

Back