Fs : Fresh Hops

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itguy1953

Reaction score
I have a mate coming back from the USA soon, and he has suggested that he could bring back some hops. He can get the hops in 11 pound boxes, but needs to sell off some as he will not be able to use them all.

He is looking at Citra, Simcoe, Centennial and Chinook.

If anyone is interested the prices will be $55/kg or $15 for 250g. If there is enough interest I will get him to buy some for us, and split them. I have a vac bagger so I can put them in vac bags for us all.

The hops will be 2009 crop.

Let me know if you are interested. Delivery will be in a few weeks.

Barry

Barry, i'd be interested in 500g of Chinook mate.

Cheers,

Nath

Hi Barry. sounds great i would try 250g of Chinook. never tried hops so i guess now is the right time ;)

I'd take 100 grams of Citra, Simcoe and Centennial. Not sure if you'd do that small quantities though?

250g of Chinook would be brilliant to try out Browndog's LCPA recipe.

Hi guys

We are thinking about getting some Cascade and Amarillo as well as Centennial, Chinook, Citra and Simcoe - all depends on interest. If anyone is interested let me know.

:beer:

Barry

why not order them striaght in from the US? could could order in 2010 crop at $45kilo delivered. Im thinking the aireline baggage rate must be a lot higher than normal frieght if its an extra $10kg more expensive

Interested in 250g each of Simco, Centennial and Chinook.

Cheers SJ

Extra cost is to cover handling ie splitting up the 11lb box into small quantities and vac bagging them, then posting them. Not everyone wants to buy enough hops direct from the USA to amortise the high postage cost to a low figure per kg. Just thought a few forum members might be interested in smaller quantities at a reasonable price.

Barry

why not order them striaght in from the US? could could order in 2010 crop at $45kilo delivered. Im thinking the aireline baggage rate must be a lot higher than normal frieght if its an extra $10kg more expensive

Extra cost is to cover handling ie splitting up the 11lb box into small quantities and vac bagging them, then posting them. Not everyone wants to buy enough hops direct from the USA to amortise the high postage cost to a low figure per kg. Just thought a few forum members might be interested in smaller quantities at a reasonable price.
the $44kg is for bulk. its even cheaper in smaller quantities (ie anything less than 11lb is way way cheaper than over 11lb). check the frieght.

I didnt mean to rattle your cage, was just offering some friendly advice to try and save you some money.

edit: just reread your post. didnt realise your $55kg was incl postage. that makes it about the same price. happy brewing

I'm possibly in for 250g each of Citra, Chinook, Centennial, Simcoe, Cascade and Amarillo. 1.5kg in total. I have already discussed sharing an order from Hops Direct with another AHB member so need to discuss this with him before committing. I think I'm most likely in for this buy though unless he wants enough hops to make up an 11 pound order from them.

We are well on the way to having enough takers to justify getting a box of all hops ie. Centennial, Chinook, Citra, Simcoe, Amarillo and Cascade.

I would like a few more takers for Centennial and Citra.

PM me if you are willing to jump onboard.

All hops will be vac packed before posting to you. The hops will be delivered very early in the New Year.

Cheers
Barry

Back