• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

FS - DA Taps (Snaplok) - Newcastle NSW

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Digga

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have come in contact with a number of DA style snaplok taps. I spent the weekend pulling them apart cleaning, replacing all seals needed and rebuilding with some lube in the right places.

I'm looking for $40 per tap will cut a deal for multiples.

Im willing to post with either a courier or preferred Australia post post packs. I will bubble wrap and ship for the cost of postage. The taps weigh around 750g ea so you know how many will fit into a post satchel or can look into freight.

I also have a number of different handles that I'm willing to put on if you would prefer branded handles. Just let me know if you would like a handle and I'll swap it over. Majority of the taps have the standard black handle.

I have 9 brumby style handles to give away also.

20171009_082832.jpg

20171009_082849.jpg

20171009_082858.jpg

20171009_082904.jpg

There are 16x DA style. Majority have the brand Lancer on the rocker / pivot bit but a couple are branded Andale, Downey and CNC or something never herd of that one before. All are the same construction inside and out so the stamp is just for show. All are in excellent condition apart from 2 which are missing the chrome / stainless off the rocker / pivot bit. This is just cosmetic and everything that comes in contact with the beer is in top shape.

Also have 1x Downey swing tap and 1 DA style with different pivot arm thing, unsure of the brand of this one, it's got the light ice bulb handle. Would like $30 on these.

All are very sturdy and will last a lifetime.

I do have a couple of snaplok adapters but haven't given these a clean up yet. If you are interested in these give me a should and I'll clean them up and post up some pictures.

Cheers people.

Last edited:
Also have 1x Downey swing tap and 1 DA style with different pivot arm thing, unsure of the brand of this one, it's got the light ice bulb handle. Would like $30 on these.

Cheers people.

G'day Digga,

They are both EK taps. One is side action, and the other is pull down. They have slightly different kits. The side action one has a cam in the top that has a locating slot to find the fully open position. Over time the cam wears down. (Takes a looooong time for this to happen, and the cams are supplied in a standard kit from Lancer or Andale.

Thanks mate.

So all the taps with the bigger nut (the ones in the bottom row in the pics) are EK type taps? They all had the 3 locating lugs in the front of the body for the swing locating lug.

When I was pulling them apart they did have different internals from the top what I know as DA style taps.

Thanks for the insight mate.

Thanks mate.

So all the taps with the bigger nut (the ones in the bottom row in the pics) are EK type taps? They all had the 3 locating lugs in the front of the body for the swing locating lug.

I would need to take a closer look to be sure, but I would almost bet my left one that they are. I haven't seen them with hex blocks before, but that doesn't mean they weren't made. When the EK was being transitioned to pull down in the 80's they went through a few incarnations before Andale settled on the one that has the Light Ice badge on it. (I think?... They may have settled on the hex block before the Floryte came along.)

They were interesting times... Pull down taps started becoming popular when there were all of a sudden more than 2 types of beer available on tap in pubs!

So there are 3 DA's and the EK with the oval handle spoken for.

That leaves 10x DA's, 3x EK pull downs and 1 EK swing remaining.

The 3x plain green handles are also spoken for.

Bit of a bump.

Going to advertise elsewhere if I don't get anymore hits by the weekend.

Price drop to $35ea for 1 to 3 and 4+ $30 ea. Will take $25 for the Downey swing tap.

They are now advertised elsewhere.

4x gone 3x on hold = 3 DA'S remaining and 2x EK pulls / EK swing left.

See below post below. Bit quick on the draw.

Attachments

• 20171121_163430.jpg
    20171121_163430.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 94
  • 20171121_163434.jpg
    20171121_163434.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 86
  • 20171121_163440.jpg
    20171121_163440.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 93
Update on what I have remaining.

4x DA and 2x EK swing taps as per pictures. The handles are all interchangeable. Swing tap gone.

20171121_163430.jpg
20171121_163434.jpg
20171121_163440.jpg

Latest posts

Back