• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

FS Brisbane: BIAB setup. Crown 40l urn + accessories.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clutch

Brew your own beer, you'll save money.
Reaction score
Crown concealed urn, bought new from Craftbrewer, has not had boil dry switch overridden, less than 30 brews, always cleaned and Starsanned, has litre markings on outside.
Ditched the crappy tap and added a ball valve tap, also from CB.
Near new Craftbrewer BIAB bag, probably 5 brews through it.
Custom made bag rest. (Sounds flash, it's just a pizza tray and some stainless steel bolts.)
Insulating blanket.
Silicon hose.

Good entry into AG brewing.

The lot for $200, or $180 and something really interesting.

Bribie G said:
Hope we aren't losing you Clutch :blink:

Definitely not mate.
This was just sitting in my deep freezer, taking up space. My Brew Magic keeps me well entertained, so I thought I'd put the money towards a kegging setup.
Bottling 80 litres effing sucks....

Pommiebloke is the winner.

Liam_snorkel said:
Good deal, you gotta be quick 'round these parts.
I was lucky to check the thread just a few minutes after it was posted and seeing as I was planning to buy a Crown urn this weekend from Craftbrewer I pulled the trigger real quick.

I've been doing BIAB but recently tried a 3V double batch. Well sort of. I used the burner and kettle to heat the strike water, mashed in a cooler with a BIAB bag inside and a colander inderneath, then sparged with more water from the kettle in to a couple of cubes, then transferred both cubes to the kettle and boiled.

This urn will be my HLT in the 3V system and also might do me nicely for a single batch BIAB setup for smaller brews, without the hassle of re-filling gas bottles.

I can see how this thing escalates. Already thinking about HERMS. Like someone said, "An expensive way to make cheap beer" :D

Good on ya pommiebloke. Your much more prepared to use it than I am. Maybe if you are on the southside I could pop around & witness you use it. But, considering my 2nd child is due home in bout 4 weeks maybe not. :(

And by right, he means incorrect.

pommiebloke said:
Nah, mate I'm from the right side of the river. ;)

If you want to see me brew you'll have the cross the bridge.
And pay a freakin' fortune for the priviledge - my govia tag hasn't had use since we drove through MEL. If my car ever goes back to the mainland, I'll have to deliberately drive through tunnels & stuff just to use the credit.

Clutch said:
Definitely not mate.
This was just sitting in my deep freezer, taking up space. My Brew Magic keeps me well entertained, so I thought I'd put the money towards a kegging setup.
Bottling 80 litres effing sucks....

I think it has been said before, but that brew space is way to tidy.

Either that, or I'm just a little jealous...

Florian said:
I think it has been said before, but that brew space is way to tidy.

Either that, or I'm just a little jealous...
Not even the tidy part.... THE SPACE. I've got a blue milk crate and a the kitchen bench.

Picked up the urn at the weekend and did a double batch (46L) of Belgian Witbier. Used the urn as a HLT and it certainly made be brewday much easier.

I'll be off to Bunnings this week to get some Rack-It shelving for a semi-permanent 3V installation which should simplify things even more. And don't tell SWMBO but I'm seriously thinking of getting a Gryphon Herm-It coil and controller soon too.

Thanks Clutch, great to meet you. Hope you enjoy the porter.

Latest posts

Back