• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

FS Bris 71L 1V Stainless Recirculating Rig 4600W

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meddo

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm in the process of building a larger rig so my 12-month old all-stainless recirculating 1V system is up for sale.

This rig is based on a 71L Cheeky Peak SS kettle, with 38L SS slotted malt pipe, 3-piece SS ball valves and the Keg King mag pump with stainless steel head. 1/2" silicone hosing throughout. Etched volume markings at 5, 10 and 15L, 1 litre intervals thereafter.

Wort returns high for recirculating and low for whirlpool and element scorch prevention. 1/2" camlock fittings throughout. Valves are mounted on 45 degree elbows for improved drainage on hose disconnections, pump includes a dump valve with male camlock for easy emptying of break, hops, and cleaning fluids. Five stainless 3-piece ball valves all up.

Blanked out 1/2" hole which previously held a 100mm stainless thermowell, it's now running with the thermoprobe for a Matho's/Lael's controller (controller not included). I'm happy to include the thermoprobe, or blank it out and reinstall the thermowell depending on buyers preference.

One Romar 2400W ULWD element and one Keg-King 2200W element are installed. I've got a second identical Romar element that is currently tripping out (I tried to bend it a bit too far) - happy to throw that in for naught if anyone thinks it's repairable. The Romar element is installed in a Clipsal j-box fitted with a Cnlinko connector from the M/L controller kit, a leccy can reconfigure this as required. These two elements will ramp 40L at around 1.5 degrees per minute.

I have plenty of stainless BSP and weldless fittings so I'm happy to work with a buyer to reconfigure somewhat if necessary. I'm still using this rig but it can be fully caustic and acid cleaned prior to sale.

$550 for the rig as configured or a bit less if the pump isn't required. View in Morningside, pickup in Morningside or West End. The shelving unit it's sitting on isn't included.

Plenty of other gear up for sale as well including fermenters, immersion chillers, stainless fittings, tap shanks, push-in fittings etc, these will be posted in a separate thread (https://aussiehomebrewer.com/threads/fs-bris-all-sorts-of-goodies-ics-ss-bsp-ss-shanks-more.95343/).

IMG_20170611_113619_result.jpg IMG_20170611_113625_result.jpg IMG_20170611_113647_result.jpg IMG_20170611_113709_result.jpg IMG_20170611_113719_result.jpg IMG_20170611_113738_result.jpg IMG_20170611_113754_result.jpg IMG_20170611_114138_result.jpg IMG_20170611_114149_result.jpg IMG_20170611_114203_result.jpg

Last edited:
That is awesome... needs to discuss with the finance manager (aka wife). I'm just down the road in Wakerley, but off to Sydney today. Keen for a look on Friday/ Saturday though!

how much grain can the malt tube take?

Hmm, I haven't tried to max it out as I've only been brewing single batches, but had 10 kg in there for an oversize batch of DIPA with plenty of room left over, didn't take a picture that day though so couldn't say exactly how much.

That's sooo cool that's exactly what I am making at the moment.. what size pot is your malt pipe? I've just brought a 50L to sit inside my 71L

Hoping it's not too big..

I also want to HERMS the mash and gas fire the boil..

Thanks for the inspiration ;-)

Bump for the weekend crowd - anyone interested in an all-stainless 4600W recirculating 1V? Just add your own thermostat or PID of choice for quick double-batches.

OK this needs to go now to make space, make a reasonable offer and it'll be yours.

Back