Frozen fermented beer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leyther

Reaction score
Just got back from 10 day camping trip and went out to transfer my fermentor to keg. The beer had finished fermenting and was cold crashing under temp control unfortunately the Mrs wanted to freeze some stuff using the freezer so I just plugged into mains but never checked the fridge cool setting. Well the fridge was obviously on feckn cold as everything in it has frozen!!

Given ferment was compete do you think any damage will have been done, smells ok but not sure what that creamy foam is on top, my initial thoughts when I opened fridge and saw the colour in the fermentor where infection but now I think it's just frost.

What do you reckon, keg it and see?

IMG_20170417_090036.jpg

I've had this happen a few times and just let it defrost then keg, with no decrease in quality.

Yep all good. I had a pale get to nationals after beimg frozen. Helped with the clarity

I have a little freeze on the edge when I cold crash because the fermenter sits right up against the coil. No sweat.

Had a keg completely freeze once, just let it thaw out fully and gave it some time for the CO2 to dissolve again fully.

Back