Fridge Restoration

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drew

Reaction score
Just wanted to share my fridge restoration. Picked up an old rusty 'all fridge' - which is just perfect for a fermentation fridge. I can fit two vessels easily.

I thought the rust was pretty severe, but just a bit of 240 grit sandpaper, some cleaining, and 2-3 tins of white knight appliance paint had it looking good.

I'm sure I could have done an even better job - there was still some rust, and the finish isn't glossy all over - but my goal was just to freshen it up with as little time and money as possible. Still took a couple of days though!

before.jpg after.jpg
before top.jpg after top.jpg

Paint job, new seals and even got your mulching done. Good work :D

The mulch was for my two Chinook rhizomes. Still waiting for them to break ground. ..

Yeah the handle was also new. There was none before. It does look like a different fridge! I have 'during' photos if you need more proof :)

Drew said:
The mulch was for my two Chinook rhizomes. Still waiting for them to break ground. ..

Yeah the handle was also new. There was none before. It does look like a different fridge! I have 'during' photos if you need more proof :)
Looks awesome. Love the orange on the handles.

One of my six Chinooks has come up this week (in Melbourne), so they won't be far away.

Latest posts

Back