Fridge repairer Brisbane

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2cranky

Reaction score
Anyone know a cheap fridge repairer in Brisbane.
I bought a cheap frost free freezer to upgrade my capacity and its got a problem with the defrost heater that stops the fan working. Also stresses the compressor so I can't cold crash with it.

You sure about that? If the evaporator fan won't start it's probably it's bushes/bearings have dried out and are sticky
Get the fan out, pull it apart and spray the Bearings/Bushes with white lithium grease.
It's good to -30C. Did mine today. Beats $60 for a new motor,

Know someone years ago who bought a secondhand fridge and it had problems and it seemed it had been butchered trying to fix probably to sell but if the fan is not turning grease is worth a try as a lot of the Chinese stuff is crap.

Thanks guys,
It's not an evap fan its a circulation fan. Little fan at the top of the freezer behind the grill, it spins easily enough.
this is a frost free freezer.
My research is: They have a covered section inside at the back with a vent at the bottom and a fan at the top. Sucks air from the bottom over the elements and out the top. The elements have a little heater attached which turns on and melts any ice (frost free feature).
Apparently if the element or its controlling switch are not working the system will not turn the fan on either.

It's not that the fan isn't switched on, but moreso the ice build up which is not melted by the defrost cycle builds up to a point where the fan cant even spin. I had this and bought a universal replacement defrost timer from ebay and fridge has been working 100% for 5 years since.

Also the timer is what switches the heating element on into the cycle. The universal ones are adjustable (ie. defrost every 4, 8, 12, 24 hours etc)

Latest posts

Back