Fresh Wort Kits

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlackRat

Reaction score
I have a function rapidly approaching and due to brewing time contraints I was thinking of buying some fresh wort kits from Ross @ Craftbrewer, fermenting and serving to my guests.

I know they have won various awards however has anyone here tried the wort kits from Ross and if so can you provide some feedback on the styles you have tasted.

Whilst my guests are beer drinkers, not all of them drink non-generic beer, so whilst i want to provide them with some amazing beers, i also want to make sure everyone can drink at least 1 type.

I was thinking of getting:
Bacchus Obama IPA
Bacchus Rock & Timber Draught
and 2 others, possibly a wit and a stout?

Any suggestions / recommendations?

Cheers,
BlackRat

Have tried the Obama, Rock and Timber, London Porter and Belgian Pale. Of all those, the only one that wasnt amazing was the Rock and Timber (but I have heard they adjusted the recipe since then). The Obama in particular is really incredible! I dry hopped mine with Nelson Sauvin, and it was awesome.

I would whole-heartedly recommend any of the FWK's from craftbrewer, as I think they are really well made and very good recipes. No affiliation.

I have done a couple APA and Bushfire and both turned out great. I would guess that if you stick to the mainstream brews you cannot go wrong. Plenty of choice in the list.

I've had 6 but none of the ones you've listed, although I'm just ordering the Rock and Timber and Obama, they were all good.

Pity your not in Sydney as I'm just wrapping up a bulk buy.

The Irish Red is a cracker! Maybe sub that for the Stout.

Buy a carton of XXXX gold cans for the non-beer drinkers ;)

i can vouch for Ross's FWK, I have made bright ale, bohemian pilsner, rock and timber, oatmeal stout, and obama ipa, all were great.

ive used them for a couple of functions, and bright ale was the most popular choice for a mixed crowd. my fav was obama ipa.

ive tried rock and timber twice now and both times it hasnt quite hit the mark, may of course been my fault.

+1 for the bright ale with dry hop additions of cascade and motueka. Yummy.

Never tried any of these before, do bulk buys for these come up in Melbourne often at all? Would love to sample them!

London Porter is awesome, might get more takers for that than the Stout. Amarillo Ale and Nelson Sauvin Summer Ale would probably suit non brewers.

Not sure if anyone mentioned but they have a heap of them on tap to try...

London Porter is awesome, might get more takers for that than the Stout. Amarillo Ale and Nelson Sauvin Summer Ale would probably suit non brewers.

Not sure if anyone mentioned but they have a heap of them on tap to try...

I was just about to ask if there was a way to sample them :) I might have to drive up and check them out

Due to licensing requirements you have to buy a "tasting tray" for about $10 so if you want to get full value out of that, make sure you have a dedicated driver as everyone who partakes in a sampling session at Bacchus usually ends up well hammered. :lol:

Due to licensing requirements you have to buy a "tasting tray" for about $10 so if you want to get full value out of that, make sure you have a dedicated driver as everyone who partakes in a sampling session at Bacchus usually ends up well hammered. :lol:

:lol: Might have to find a "wife friendly" shop nearby

Never tried any of these before, do bulk buys for these come up in Melbourne often at all? Would love to sample them!

We are happy to do bulk buys anywhere, but we are looking mainly for distributors in each State. Keg King has shown interest in Melbourne, but nothing ordered yet.

Cheers Ross

Back