Freezin Goo Tins

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just keep in mind that malt extract not sold as a brewing base wont have been made to our requirements, and who know what sort of grains they used, if they have dealt with break material etc. The health food shop stuff should be tried with caution before buying in bulk just to save a dollar or two.

yep, true...I'll ask a few questions first before I fork out for it. Did you ever have any issues with it, Darrtoo?

You are the gonna become the 'prince of homebrew' if you keep coming up with those ideas!! Still liking your St george mate.

Maybe the 'Prince of Brewing Darkness!' :kooi: ...Sharon....with my choc kilkenny....its pretty rich and bitter..lol
Thanks for all the tips dude...glad i had a mate to help me learn the ropes!

yep, true...I'll ask a few questions first before I fork out for it. Did you ever have any issues with it, Darrtoo?

Haven't been on for a while. I never had any trouble with the malts (dark or light). Beers came out fine, used them as a base for many different styles. This is my opinion anyway, and the mates never had a problem with any of them, all said they were great. I'd still be using it now if I could find it. I'm not tryin to skimp cause I'm broke. If money was no option, most of us would be buyin, and not brewin'! I just enjoy the challenge of comin up with a good tasting beer as we all do I guess.

darrtoo

I would imagine that freezing them would cause it to explode (expanding of the goop in a fully sealed container).

They are fine in a regular temp. env.

Just check the use-by dates :)

Sorry for the thread necro, but I can now report that the coopers kits can be frozen without damage to the cans.... Along with cans of pear juice, and bottles of apple juice.... (Dont ask me how I know) :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:
IMG00042-20110620-1955.jpg

Sorry for the thread necro, but I can now report that the coopers kits can be frozen without damage to the cans.... Along with cans of pear juice, and bottles of apple juice.... (Dont ask me how I know) :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:
IMG00042-20110620-1955.jpg
Was going to put a post up asking around about the same question. I've used half a can of the Coopers Wheat malt extract, and froze the other half. Was wondering wether this is ok.

If you intend on using the kit yeast you should probably take them out before you freeze them, there's hardly enough in there as it is without freezing half of them to death!
I keep all my malt frozen, but i only use it for starters, seems to keep alright.

Actually on the point of the yeast, I bought some Morgans lager yeast sachets, coming up 2 years ago and froze a couple. I needed a lager-in-a-hurry a month ago for a small test brew I was doing on a batch of malt, and thawed one out, rehydrated .... fluffed up perfectly :eek: ... and proceeded to ferment with it.

Latest posts

Back