• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Free Hop Rhizomes

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StevCurt2001

Reaction score
Hi,

Free to a good home, (or even a bad one).

I have some hop rhizomes available for free in Brighton-le-sands, NSW.

There are Chinook and Fuggles.

I don't want to mess around with postage so sorry these are for pickup / collection only.

Send a PM if interested...

Steve

I want fuggles but am prepared to pay postage and cost if all goes then thats fine if me PM me

^ +1

PM me if you will post. Otherwise no dramas

Hi All,

There's a guy in Padstow who will collect them tomorrow evening.

He may well be willing to post on some to other brewers...

I'll check and get him to post if he is.

Regards

Steve

+1 fuggles for me if the new owner is willing to post.

Happy to collect 2 of each if there are still some available.
I'm on north shore but more than willing to head down town.

Will happily post on any extras if you inform me of any specific packaging you would require :)

I'd like one or two of each if they're still going?
I'm just in Rockdale so could pick up after 7pm any night or over the w/e, which ever suits you.

Hi all,

I'm picking up the hop rhizomes tomorrow off Botany Brewer after 7pm. Steve was saying on the phone it was Chinook and one other variety not Fuggles. BrianOR I am happy to drop off some rhizomes at you're place on the way home and you can help me distribute them to the AHB community.

Adryargument if you want to pick up the rhizomes when you pick up you're grain for the Sydney grain bulk buy, just lets us know and I can leave them there for you when you pick up the grain or you can pick them up from my place earlier if you wish.

I'm willing to post them out to every one else if you're willing to pay the postal fee or you can pick them up from my house at Padstow. I'll let every one know what the other variety is when I speak to Steve when I pick them up.

Hi Fitz man I am at Oatley and would like to pick up a couple if they are still available. Thanks to Botany Brewer for the original offer!

Regards,
Nathan

Hi all,

I'm picking up the hop rhizomes tomorrow off Botany Brewer after 7pm. Steve was saying on the phone it was Chinook and one other variety not Fuggles. BrianOR I am happy to drop off some rhizomes at you're place on the way home and you can help me distribute them to the AHB community.

Adryargument if you want to pick up the rhizomes when you pick up you're grain for the Sydney grain bulk buy, just lets us know and I can leave them there for you when you pick up the grain or you can pick them up from my place earlier if you wish.

I'm willing to post them out to every one else if you're willing to pay the postal fee or you can pick them up from my house at Padstow. I'll let every one know what the other variety is when I speak to Steve when I pick them up.

Cheers Botany Brewer,

Any chance of getting some posted to Albury, NSW.

PM me if it suits

Would be great if i could grab them when i pickup the grain - saves me a 2 hour trip :icon_cheers:

Cheers.

Hi all,

Hi all,

Thanks Fitz man,
I'll PM you my address for the drop off tonight.
I'm happy to hold on to some extra for others to pick up at mine, or can help post them out.

Hey all,

I picked up the rhizomes from Botany Brewer earlier tonight, thanks again. The rhizomes are Chinook and Goldings, I have given half of the rhizomes to BrianOR and I dropped some off to crazyhorse. I have attached a few pictures of what I have left. A quick question as I don't know any thing at all about rhizomes can I split the bigger ones up & share them? Also with the smaller ones is one little rhizome enough to put in the ground to get it to grow? Just need to know so I can send out the correct amount to people.

Chinook_Rhizome_1.jpg Chinook_Rhizome_2.jpg Chinook_Rhizome_3.jpg Golding_Rhizome.jpg

Partially to bump the thread, but also to do my bit for the AHB community, I'm in exactly the same boat as Fitz Man.
I have 2 (or maybe more if they can be divided) goldings rhizomes, plus maybe 8 or so chinook to give away.
Can be picked up from Rockdale, or happy to post for cost. Let me know if you're interested.
*edited for spelling*

Hey all,

I picked up the rhizomes from Botany Brewer earlier tonight, thanks again. The rhizomes are Chinook and Goldings, I have given half of the rhizomes to BrianOR and I dropped some off to crazyhorse. I have attached a few pictures of what I have left. A quick question as I don't know any thing at all about rhizomes can I split the bigger ones up & share them? Also with the smaller ones is one little rhizome enough to put in the ground to get it to grow? Just need to know so I can send out the correct amount to people.

View attachment 47072 View attachment 47073 View attachment 47074 View attachment 47075

Some of those photos are very hard to make out if there are any nodes on the rhizomes.

They look like roots rather than viable 'rhizomes' - (top right and bottom left pics (or 2nd and 3rd pics if you computer decides like mine to swap them around in the reply)).

If they have the nodes like the pics i have attached, all good.

If not, they won't grow.

Cheers
DrSmurto

DSCF2258.jpg

DSCF2257.jpg

Some of those photos are very hard to make out if there are any nodes on the rhizomes.

They look like roots rather than viable 'rhizomes' - (top right and bottom left pics (or 2nd and 3rd pics if you computer decides like mine to swap them around in the reply)).

If they have the nodes like the pics i have attached, all good.

If not, they won't grow.

Cheers
DrSmurto

DSCF2258.jpg

DSCF2257.jpg

OK, I've gone through what I've got and the only 'rhizome' I've got with anything that looks like a node is this piece of chinook:
P1000868.JPG
Dr Smurto, or anyone else knowledgeable, do you think that's a viable rhizome?

So sorry to those I've spoken to already, but I don't have any rhizomes to post out now.

Latest posts

Back