• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Free Fridge (large Esky Really..)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KoNG

RIP-FaB (BiBIFaP)
Reaction score
This fridge didnt work so i cut the compressor out. So now it is just a big esky (much easier to transport), which is perfect for brewing in, using some frozen milk bottles to regulate the temperature.
i keep ales at 15-18*C all summer with just 2 ice blocks. Lagers can be done easily in winter too. :beerbang:

the fridge is a two part job, the bottom fits a fermenter nicely, while the top section freezer is good for storing and aging bottles.

PM for more info if you want it.

Cheers
KoNG

KoNG said:
This fridge didnt work so i cut the compressor out. So now it is just a big esky (much easier to transport), which is perfect for brewing in, using some frozen milk bottles to regulate the temperature.
i keep ales at 15-18*C all summer with just 2 ice blocks. Lagers can be done easily in winter too. :beerbang:

the fridge is a two part job, the bottom fits a fermenter nicely, while the top section freezer is good for storing and aging bottles.

PM for more info if you want it.

Cheers
KoNG
[post="119383"][/post]​

Hi Kong,

How many frozen bottles does it need to maintain, say 18-20 degrees in Summer? Sounds like a great idea for a fermentation fridge - save heaps on electricity too!

Hi T.D
about 2 x 2 litre every 24 hours... during early primary fermentation
then 1 x 2 litre (at most) once she slows down.
i just rotate each morning.

I'll take some photo's tonight

coupla pix.
the fridge gets thrown tomorrow if no one wants it. :(

Ferm_Fridge_003.jpg

Ferm_Fridge_004.jpg

Ferm_Fridge_005.jpg

Last Bump......
as the fridge is still sitting in our bedroom.
will have to remove it by end of easter though.

SUPER bump.
this fridge didnt end up going to the tip, it got stored at the outlaws for a bit and re-used for some extra fermenting.
Anyways it has to go 'again' now, so i thought i'd check to make sure there isnt any takers...

Same info as above... except i can probably deliver it to anyone that is reasonably close if they are in a pickle.

Cheers
KoNG

Hey KoNG, sorry I'm not interested in the fridge, but I do have one in similar condition (I've kicked the compressor as hard as I can, but that doesn't help :angry: )...

Does your fridge start to smell with the door closed and no refrigeration? Most fridges I've met tend to get mouldy quickly when this happens. Interested for my own summer fermentation measures!

No more than any other fridge bugwan.
i always sat the milk bottles on a towel which helped. I find myself cleaning out a working fridge just as much now.... i think it's an ongoing problem with any fermentation enclosure.
So go for it, only takes a change of ice daily.

Latest posts

Back