'free' Designing Great Beers Or Radical Brewing With Aha Membe

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you got the e-mail address of the bloke to contact? If not, here are his details:

Jason Bell
Services Team Lead

Brewers Association
303-447-0816 ext 102
[email protected]

Cheers NRB! Shot off that e-mail and grabbed a reply from Brandi, who has now replaced Jason.

For those of you wanting to chase back-issues, etc. you'll now need to contact:

Brandi Tinder
Brewers Association
Member Services Team Lead
Circulation Coordinator
(303) 447-0816
[email protected]

reVox

... and what did they say about your subscription? I'm yet to see another issue...

... and what did they say about your subscription? I'm yet to see another issue...

She said it appears they've been mailing the magazine to my address and asked if I could speak to my local postal carrier as to why I'm not getting it (visions of posties sitting on undelivered stacks of Zymurgy springs to mind!)

I alerted her that I've received both my AHA membership welcome pack (quite promptly) after registration, as well as 'Designing Great Beers' within a few weeks, both at this address, without issue.

She asked for an alternate postal address to send the mag and/or offered to mail out back issues, as desired. I asked for the back issues sent to my primary address, and left it at that. I'll check with my postie tomorrow, out of courtesy, and report back to her but my money rides on there being an issue with distribution on their end as it's affecting several of us.

Brandi was apologetic and wants to fix this. Perhaps she's replaced Jason for a reason. Perhaps she'll fix this for all of Australia (or the 100 of us, or whatever, that sub to Zymurgy via AHA, etc.)

If I come up with anything, I'll let you know. I've linked her to this thread asking she register with AHB, etc.

reVox

Alrighta then,

Brandi, the new circulation coordinator, is whip smart and looking into this for us. She's confirmed the magazine is not shipped via registered mail, so they'd just be put into our postal boxes as normal. This means, they can't be tracked.

At this point, she's checking with their printing company to find out how they are being sent out. She's noted that persons who have complained that they've missed issues, etc. and have had back-issues mailed out, receive them just fine as they are all mailed in a brown envelope.

She's wondering if they are not being wrapped correctly at the printing company, or if there's some Australian rule of how mags must somehow be wrapped or tagged, or perhaps the way they are being wrapped is not adequate and it's becoming damaged and unreadable in transit.

If anyone has feedback in this department, please post here and I'll forward it on to her.

She is also familiar with John, and weighing potential options in regional bulk sends via G&G.

They don't expect this to be immediately resolved, but it sounds like she's doing everything in her power atm and we can expect a permanent resolution soon. I must say, she's been very responsive!

Again, I'll report back as I have anything concrete.

reVox

I've never had any problems with the legibility of the address label and have had them delivered for the most part. There's only one instance of not getting a delivery and that was DGB! The offer to which I subscribed. An e-mail to Jason solved the problem for me with another copy expedited.

My only problem is the infrequency and delay in delivery. I mean seriously, November/December issue not here in January after being posted in October?? If Brandi sorts it out I'll continue to subscribe, otherwise I'll see if G&G can hook me up for a comparable price. I don't have any use for an AHA membership other than the magazine - I can't attend the GABF, I can't claim discounts at participating (North American) pubs, I don't read TechTalk...

Bump.
Hey reVox, Any news from AHA on this?

I was in G&G today, and saw they had the Jan/Feb issue for sale.
I'm still yet to see Nov/Dec issue in my mail-box, so getting a little pi$$ed off.
I'm not really sure if the copy of Radical brewing was worth the price paid for a yearly subs.

Bump.
Hey reVox, Any news from AHA on this?

I'm still yet to see Nov/Dec issue in my mail-box, so getting a little pi$ed off.
I'm not really sure if the copy of Radical brewing was worth the price paid for a yearly subs.

Hey mate,

Nothing concrete at this point, but I will have something to report in the next week. I'm in the loop and will get back to this thread as Brandi/AHA firm something up.

Cheers,
reVox

Just off the phone with John of G&G. He's discussing options with Brandi atm, and expects to have info by next week.

I'm still yet to see Nov/Dec issue in my mail-box, so getting a little pi$ed off.

John himself is a member of AHA, so is entitled to a Zymurgy sub. He mentioned that he receives the bulk shipment of mags (new issues) a good six weeks before his personal copy is delivered (both to same address@ G&G). So, there's obviously a lag of some sort between bulk accounts and individual subs, and still, the issue of individual subs not being delivered at all!

reVox

Alright, some news!

In a nutshell, the AHA have decided to continue Australian distribution of Zymurgy subs (both existing and forthcoming).

They have, however, elected to use a higher class of postage as solution, to curb the delay between what we subscribers see in our post box and on the shelves of our local retail outlets (the 6 week difference mentioned previously in thread). It is hoped, the higher postage class will also eliminate the non-delivery, missing issue issue :p .

A big thanks to John Preston (owner of G&G) for involving himself, making phone calls to the States, listening to my long-winded email, etc. John was potentially prepared to absorb our existing subscriptions and/or redistribute back-issues, upon credit of his retail bulk account. There's really no benefit to John in doing this, certainly no money for him to be made and if anything, additional work load for himself and employees. Thanks again for the consideration.

As it stands, those missing issue(s) should contact:

Brandi Tinder
Brewers Association
Member Services Team Lead
Circulation Coordinator
(303) 447-0816
[email protected]

with a request to be sent out. Brandi is helpful and response. You will get your issue!

And to clarify, G&G are offering subscriptions to Zymurgy at cover price of AUD$10.95 + $2.00 (or thereabouts) shipping per issue. To subscribe you simply phone them, provide your name, CC detail, and date you'd like to sub to. Your CC will be debited each month at mailout up until the date you specified to terminate the sub.

BYO (Brew Your Own) mag is similarly available at cover price of AUD$9.95 + shipping.

Zymurgy Maths:

G&G Annual Sub AUD$77.70 ([email protected]+2.00= $12.95 X6 issues)
vs.
AHA International membership (includes Annual Sub) USD$44.00 AUD$50.03 (exchange 24.01.08)
difference of: AUD$27.67

Those who continue their subs and/or resub are encouraged to report delivery in this thread as experience is helpful to those considering subscribing via AHA.

Cheers,
reVox

Email sent to Brandi.

Many thanks ReVox, I'll let you know what the response is like.

Happy to report that within a few days of contacting Brandi, a missing back-issue and current issue was mailed from Boulder, CO. postmarked Jan. 22, 2008. It arrived in my mailbox Jan. 30, 2008 - only a 8 day post time.

I also received an email from the director of AHA stating:

"Thank you for your membership to the American Homebrewers Association! It has been brought to our attention that shipment of Zymurgy magazine to members in Australia has been taking inordinately long to arrive. For the March/April issue of Zymurgy, we will be using a different method of shipment, which should decrease the time it takes to get the magazine to you. The March/April issue is scheduled to mail February 19. If you do not notice any difference in the time it takes for you to receive the magazine, please let us know, by emailing us at [email protected].

Yours in Brewing,

Gary Glass
Director"

So folks, they're on the ball.

I love the mag.. assuming March/April and May/June arrive in a timely manner, I'll be resubbing at the 2-year international rate.

Cheers,
reVox

Exactly the same story for me reVox. I too would resub if I knew they'd sorted out the postage issues.

Exactly the same story for me reVox. I too would resub if I knew they'd sorted out the postage issues.
Thanks for the update reVox - I've since had a few prompt emails from Brandi letting me know it was being resolved, and missing back-issues would be resent immediately.
Hopefully in the mailbox early next week!
Hutch.

I've heard some promising noises from them too but I haven't seen my missing 2 issues yet. Hopefully soon...

I too had the nov/dec issue turn up on tuesday with a postmark of 21st of jan. didnt get a copy of the current issue though :mellow:

The March/April issue is scheduled to mail February 19.
Gary Glass Director
I sat with heavy hand over my Enter key just yesterday, having keyed out 'has anyone received their March/April Zymurgy?'. It had been 23 days (yesterday) since the mail date of Feb 19...

Closed the browser tab instead... figured I'd give it a full month - even 6 weeks before stirring the thread.

Happy to say, my issue arrived just a bit ago.. that's 24 days and good god, I got my Zymurgy via the normal U.S. subscription channel!

Cheers to Gary and Brandi for correcting the situation. Finger's crossed this will be ongoing.

Now to crack a beer and read about 'the perfect pour' :icon_cheers:

reVox

Hopefully mine will be at work on Monday!

Mine arrived today, it seems like they've made some changes.

Top work reVox, it was your efforts that got this sorted out. Thanks mate.

Just sent an email to Brandi now, hope i'm not too late to get my subscription sorted out.

I moved house mid last year, the last issue I received was in July. I emailed them at the time, and they replied saying my member details have been changed. Haven't received an issue since then!

Yep - same here - Mar/Apr arrived via normal channels yesterday. I believe they are using a new distribution method for their international subs now, so it looks like things are working.

Cheers also to Brandi who sent my Nov/Dec and Jan/Feb issues special delivery.

Michael.

Back