Four Sleeps To The Anna-geddon

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Careful, you are all going to upset Bum again.
Nah, I honestly didn't expect either an election result or a call for open-mindedness to actually change anything so it is steady-as-she-goes around here.

Thats good to know!
An upset bum shits all over :lol:

Just in: oh dear :lol:

LNP first party meeting after election

election_LNP.jpg

ALP likewise

election_ALP.jpg

Just in: oh dear :lol:

LNP first party meeting after election

View attachment 53368

ALP likewise

View attachment 53369

And now poor old Anna has jumped a sinking ship she scuttled .... there is a spare seat ... will the LNP get it ?? who knows <_<

I just want to remind everyone about poor old Anna's pension now she has done a few terms in office .. quite a health pension plan too I might add ... in Qld its probably a 25 % stake of the takings from the Tolls ... Its probably why Can do Campbell moved from Mayor to premier ... because no one uses his damn tunnel so the 25% is crap all ... but still a damn sight more than the poor old forced retirees from Defence get ...

Maybe Anna should request her pension be used to buy back some assets she sold off !!!

And now poor old Anna has jumped a sinking ship she scuttled .... there is a spare seat ... will the LNP get it ?? who knows <_<

I just want to remind everyone about poor old Anna's pension now she has done a few terms in office .. quite a health pension plan too I might add ... in Qld its probably a 25 % stake of the takings from the Tolls ... Its probably why Can do Campbell moved from Mayor to premier ... because no one uses his damn tunnel so the 25% is crap all ... but still a damn sight more than the poor old forced retirees from Defence get ...

Maybe Anna should request her pension be used to buy back some assets she sold off !!!
And she would have got a fair bit less if she stayed on and represented the electrate that voted her in. How do they justify 150K a year for being a former premier? Even if they had done a superb job it is still a large whack of money for not doing anything.

I should add I heard this on the morning radio news and it could be bullshit but I prefer to be an irate taxpayer that is sick of people that are incompetent at their job but still get a payout for being shit.

And she would have got a fair bit less if she stayed on and represented the electrate that voted her in. How do they justify 150K a year for being a former premier? Even if they had done a superb job it is still a large whack of money for not doing anything.

I should add I heard this on the morning radio news and it could be bullshit but I prefer to be an irate taxpayer that is sick of people that are incompetent at their job but still get a payout for being shit.

Unfortunately it is true Brad, the amount of money retired polititians a sucking out of the tax payer does not bear thinking about.

Yeah, we got a new DG today.
Never met the old one, so it really makes no difference to me. Apparently the DTMR will stay that way, and not be split back into a DoT and a DMR.
Interesting to see that Bligh's hubby didn't get the arse?

Yeah, we got a new DG today.
Never met the old one, so it really makes no difference to me. Apparently the DTMR will stay that way, and not be split back into a DoT and a DMR.
Interesting to see that Bligh's hubby didn't get the arse?

From what I understand Newman is going to keep him in the position as head of DERM with instructions to wind it up.

That's brilliant.

"Well Hubbykins, I'll resign and pick up my payout, and of course the first thing that they'll do is sack you so you can pick up your 600k and we'll be rolling in dough"

So Newman keeps hubbykins on - right *cnut* you'll now turn up for work every day and dismantle everything you have worked for over the last 4 years, and when that's done we'll find something else to do, don't worry we won't sack you.... fancy a job painting rocks at Cape York? hahahahahahaha

:p :D :lol:

Yep, word is that if he looks remotely non- busy at unwinding the initiative he was head of he'll be handed yet another shit job to do, however we all know that public service managers are masters of appearing busy. Thankfully he's not actually DG of DERM, but that is being gutted in its own way and spread to the four corners, also immediate restrictions in place on appointments, all non- essential travel halted etc. across the state public sector, all that will have a negative impact which should set the state back more than can be gained, so the next time someone says to me that Webex is as good as travel I'll snot them. The entire waste management initiative had 50-odd staff selected to the recommendation stage and they have been told thanks for coming. Etc...

That's what conservatives do eh? They stop spending the tax! What a surprise.
We just learn to live with paying 5 figure taxes and getting jackshit in return.

Oh wait, they don't wait for tax day, they take it in speeding fines.
This would sound like a greenie: managing the cost of pollution is a very real cost, making tht a direct- user pays tax is grea for people that make conscious decisions to be more sustainable. Take homebrewers for example, you make your own, it doesn't spend fuel travelling on trucks and in coolroooms until it gets to you. The blokes that bottle are actually even more responsible. Saison brewers are two steps ahead ;)
So, a carbon tax means you will be paying even less for your pint than the average vb drinker.
Same applies to people growing their own veggies, living closer to work and commuting on foot/bike/ public transport. People that live in regional areas that DON'T commute in to towns everyday but rather work locally.
Of course, this means that eventually income tax that is taken out indiscriminately from everyone's pay, no matter what will clear off the deficit and maybe even get the taxpayer a rate decrease. Eventually.

Funny thing is, all this is being done by a labour govt. common sense would dictate that they would opt for an everyone pays kind of system, not an objective tax system. Goes contrary to the common welfare model.

So, I suppose our government really is shallow!

Not sure why you think Labor = communism.

Also, can't work out why they're the bad guys for taking what you suggest is the best course of action.

Not communist, social welfare. Just saying their well intentioned schemes might've had had some rather different results over time to people. I think the great apathy among the public is being forced to pay for other people's welfare. Bears pointing out that an objective tax system is not that. On the other hand, it's the opposite thinking to our current Medicare system.... Just saying.
Besides, not me suggesting they are the bad guys, was I?

Goodbye labor, thankfully goodbye for a (politically) long time