Founder/brewer From Scottish 'punk' Brewery, Brewdog, Coming T

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oztapguy

Reaction score
If anyone is interested in coming along to the Ale Star appreciation sessions in Sydney and Melbourne to hear from James Watt, the founder/brewer from Scottish 'punk' brewery, BrewDog, here's the info:

Monday May 16th (Syd) - $35 inc BrewDog beers and pizza. Book via our Event Diary
Tuesday May 17th (Mel) - $40 inc BrewDog beers and pizza. Book via our Event Diary

BrewDog have fast developed a reputation as being one of the smartest, media friendly and unorthodox craft breweries in the world. Time magazine last year highlighted their efforts to brew the strongest beers in the world, a title they held on two occasions with two different beers.

Tix for the Sydney night are selling super fast (Melb not far behind) and will probably sell out well before the night so don't hesitate if you want to come along.

Brewdog_Logo.png

If anyone is interested in coming along to the Ale Star appreciation sessions in Sydney and Melbourne to hear from James Watt, the founder/brewer from Scottish 'punk' brewery, BrewDog, here's the info:

Monday May 16th (Syd) - $35 inc BrewDog beers and pizza. Book via our Event Diary
Tuesday May 17th (Mel) - $40 inc BrewDog beers and pizza. Book via our Event Diary

BrewDog have fast developed a reputation as being one of the smartest, media friendly and unorthodox craft breweries in the world. Time magazine last year highlighted their efforts to brew the strongest beers in the world, a title they held on two occasions with two different beers.

Tix for the Sydney night are selling super fast (Melb not far behind) and will probably sell out well before the night so don't hesitate if you want to come along.

I'll be interested in coming to the Brisbane event but wait a minute hold on................... oops looks like we get f$$ked again. FFS when will people realize that the appreciation for craftbeers doesn't end at the Qld/NSW. I & many others up here put our hands in our pockets to support the Australian craftbrewing industry & then have to grab our ankles when a brewery makes a single batch or the like.

:angry: :angry: :angry:
Paul

It's organised by the guys from the local taphouse. There's no local taphouse in Brisbane unless I'm mistaken.

It's organised by the guys from the local taphouse. There's no local taphouse in Brisbane unless I'm mistaken.
+ 1 for Manticle...
I'd love to know , how come us Victorians get the honour of paying $5 more than Sydney ?
I'd also love to be there , but as SWMBO will have popped out our first ruggie by then , there is not a snowflakes hope in hell of me convincing her that i should attend...
Cheers
Ferg

And most likely will never be so - one reason we have probably the most active Capital city HB club in Australia.

never leaving Australia for a extended period again :( i have missed out on so much...

:icon_offtopic: I am all in favour of a local taphouse in every capital city... and Karratha too :beerbang:

mmm..must be dearer to get him here i guess..ferg...

Maybe someone told him what the weather in Melbournes like during may. but then again he's some Scotland.

Any specifics on the beers? Will I get a taste of the Tactical Nuclear penguin or the Sink the Bismarck? at $150ish a bottle it's the only way i could be tasting it.

Ale Stars at The Local Taphouse in Melbourne costs $40 regardless of the fact that there is an international guest brewer. It's the same week as the AIBA and I'm pretty certain James Watt was coming out anyway. Probably lands in Sydney on Sunday or Monday and will be spending Tuesday onwards in Melbourne.

In case your not aware Good Beer Week has also been organised in Melbourne to coincide with the AIBA - http://www.goodbeerweek.com/GBW/Good_Beer_Week.html

You've got the weather.

We've got the beers.

I personally prefer our weather and our beers...

But in all seriousness these events take the work of some very dedicated beer people and the commitment of beer venues. It's not like Melbourne has an exclusive on the concept of a 'good beer week' in Australia. It'd be awesome for every city to have a good beer week, just need the people and venues to organise it.

website worked well for me.. :beer: some interesting stuff has been organised
+1 on beer and weather

Maybe someone told him what the weather in Melbournes like during may. but then again he's some Scotland.

Any specifics on the beers? Will I get a taste of the Tactical Nuclear penguin or the Sink the Bismarck? at $150ish a bottle it's the only way i could be tasting it.

Theres AB.01 through to AB.05 tasting at chapel cellars on the sunday, does not say if he will be there though, also he will be at the ormond hall beer debate saturday night and I am sure will be at many other events unofficially.

I will be over for the friday and saturday and looking forward to it, I gather the taphouse is going to be packed to the rafters on the saturday for the kiwi show so not sure if we will get there or not.

Back