Forum needs to be active so let's talk political.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you get you get your knickers in a twist thinking a MAGA hat denotes fascism then check out creepy Joe’s speech a week ago in Philadelphia. Mein Gott!

Something straight out the 1930s Germany. The set dressed, like at Nuremberg, in the paraphernalia of the fascist state, and flooded with blood red light with two menacing Aryan goons in the background. (Are they real US Marines? Damn shame if they were used for this after their history fighting Nazism in WW2. But I guess that’s a conservative view. Progressive liberals like change, and here it is in all its authoritarian glory.)

1662535539571.png

Worth pulling back a bit
1662538429032.png

Light up in Red White and Blue as is the American want.
It’s worth listening to his speech to, critical of people who don’t respect democracy.
I doubt if Biden looses the next election he will chuck a tanty like a two year old and deny it happened...
Mark

I guess there is only one way to talk to American voters.

Might be interesting to note that Nazi rallies were once held in Madison Square Gardens, swastikas and all. Back when no high society dinner was complete without a couple of German Nazis in their spiffy uniforms.

By all means, compare these shitheads to Nazis. Again and again. I'm with you.

— Mike Godwin (@sfmnemonic)

Not sure if Godwins Law applies here.

By all means, compare these shitheads to Nazis. Again and again. I'm with you.

— Mike Godwin (@sfmnemonic)

Well someone has posted a picture of Biden next to one of Hitler, that's pretty consistent with Godwin's law.

JD

that's pretty consistent with Godwin's law.
Yes, but which interpretation. Godwins Law became widely used as a means to shut down internet forum threads. Once it was used no further discussion could happen out of respect for Holocaust victims.

He himself has been quoted many times saying that this was not his intention. He has said he is quite happy to see Nazism referenced in discussions about the current rise in fascism in US politics.

From his post I was not sure which usage of Godwins Law Dave70 was intending.

So...then...

The queen is dead, long live the king!

"When men are forbidden to honour a king they honour millionaires, athletes or film-stars instead, even famous prostitutes or gangsters. For spiritual nature, like bodily nature, will be served; deny it food and it will gobble poison."
C. S. Lewis

Last edited:
On a speaking tour in the UK, Canadian clinical psychologist and author Dr Jordan Peterson gave this erudite and wide ranging response when asked about the social and political consequences that will flow from the death of the Queen.
Some insightful stuff to unpack here (IMO).

Well, it's affected me already....a lot of my favourite shows have disappeared for round the clock queen memorabilia
The coverage has me wondering. how many Brits does it take to proclaim a king?

I don't know where I sit on the line between staunch monarchist and rabid anti-monarchist, probably somewhere in the middle. I'll give it more thought when the next referendum comes around.

But it cannot be denied that an enormous number of people respect the monarchy. No other person on the face of the earth could bring so many mourners onto the streets, shuffling in a queue for up to 30 hours. Nobody else.

I don't know faceless masses, but for some reason I feel like sitting by an open fireplace in a large leather chair whilst enjoying a snifter of peated single malt Scotch whisky.

The monarchy, love it or not, is a relic of aristocratic privilege according to an hereditary principle, which, as Tom Paine once pointed out, “is as ridiculous as the idea of a hereditary mathematician”. It does not comport with our modern ideas or ideals of democracy, equality and human rights.

Back