Forklift Driver Destroys $189k Of Alcohol

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They have released a photo of the the forklift driver.

chappo_8490_1256635238_thumb.jpg

:D :D :D

Attachments

• chappo_8490_1256635238_thumb.jpg
    chappo_8490_1256635238_thumb.jpg
    11.8 KB
I can feel for the brother, you guys have never seen me on a forklift. I suck!

I was waiting for the Aeroflot plane to crash into the warehouse. Or maybe the nearby nuclear reactor to melt down?

"American components, Russian components, they are all made in Taiwan" from movie Armageddon.

I drive a fork lift for a living, and I cant believe there are such usless people like that out there with a licence. Funny vid, but damn freakin' dangerous, I wouldn't work with the prick that's for sure, even though he's a Holden fan :unsure: Hope he drives a car better :lol:

Hell - I've personally done nearly as well as that. 4 high, 2 wide block stack of pallets of VB 750ml bottles (64 boxes per pallet) - 22 rows deep. So that's 176 pallets or 11264 boxes of VB.

I pulled the top pallet down and I am reversing out of the row when I hear a horrible noise and see the rest of the stack falling towards me - I stamp on the accelerator trying to get away, nearly make it and only wear about half of the very top pallet, which makes me veer a bit and I take out the bottom pallet of the front row of the next stack by reversing through it, and the other 7 pallets from the front 8 promptly try to fall on me too.

It turns out that over the weekend the roof had leaked during a storm and all the carboard boxes were soaked through - the whole dam 176 pallets of beer was basically just sitting there one bottle balanced on top of another. I gave it a little shake pulling off the top pallet and the whole damn thing fell over like a house of cards. Somewhere close to 150 of those 176 pallets physically broke, the rest had to be crushed because they were full of spilled beer and broken glass. And aside from the 8 pallets in the next row I actually drove into... half of the pallets in the two adjoining rows had to be crushed because of spilled beer and glass. All in all nearly 200 pallets of stock had to be destroyed.

I got a little cut on one of my knees, got to spend the next hour or so in the tea room calming down... then the next three days with a shovel and broom cleaning up the damn mess. I was unpopular for some time, even though the investigation (oh you can bet there was one) found it wasn't my fault at all.

TB

Woah. 200 pallets is 13000 cartons, that's over 300 000 bottles of beer! That would not have been a fun cleanup.

Do you still drive forklifts?

not daily anymore - brew beer instead.

But I drove for a good 15 years after the incident in question. It was an abysmal clean-up. Sticky, smelly, dirty and took bloody days. At least it made the bastards finally fix the damn roof.

Hell - I've personally done nearly as well as that. 4 high, 2 wide block stack of pallets of VB 750ml bottles (64 boxes per pallet) - 22 rows deep. So that's 176 pallets or 11264 boxes of VB.

I pulled the top pallet down and I am reversing out of the row when I hear a horrible noise and see the rest of the stack falling towards me - I stamp on the accelerator trying to get away, nearly make it and only wear about half of the very top pallet, which makes me veer a bit and I take out the bottom pallet of the front row of the next stack by reversing through it, and the other 7 pallets from the front 8 promptly try to fall on me too.

It turns out that over the weekend the roof had leaked during a storm and all the carboard boxes were soaked through - the whole dam 176 pallets of beer was basically just sitting there one bottle balanced on top of another. I gave it a little shake pulling off the top pallet and the whole damn thing fell over like a house of cards. Somewhere close to 150 of those 176 pallets physically broke, the rest had to be crushed because they were full of spilled beer and broken glass. And aside from the 8 pallets in the next row I actually drove into... half of the pallets in the two adjoining rows had to be crushed because of spilled beer and glass. All in all nearly 200 pallets of stock had to be destroyed.

I got a little cut on one of my knees, got to spend the next hour or so in the tea room calming down... then the next three days with a shovel and broom cleaning up the damn mess. I was unpopular for some time, even though the investigation (oh you can bet there was one) found it wasn't my fault at all.

TB

The only bad thing about this story is the amount of water that went into making all of that VeryBad beer... Oh and I mustn't forget the little cut on your knee :D

You did bloody well to get away with just a cut mate, I would have laid an egg.

I used to work in a bottlo years ago and drove the fork often without a license. One seedy morning I was out in the stock shed moving pallets of beer around and noticed a loose carton on the top corner of pallet I had on the fork so I hopped off to reposition it. Unfortunately I'de left it in reverse, the fork took off and left an imprint of it's arse in the roller door, beer everywhere. The boss was real happy about that one I can tell ya. Just pleased it was in reverse, recked the roller door and a few cartons of beer and not in a forward gear wrecking $1000's worth of stock. After that the boss made us all go and get a fork license.

Back