• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

For Sale (Melbourne) - Complete 50L 2 Tier All Grain Brew System

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sirhendo

Reaction score
Howdy Brewers,

It's with great trepidation that I need to sell my entire brewing rig. No, I'm not giving up brewing - it's still my job - rather, I've moved to Melbourne and my little apartment doesn't have a garage in which I can brew....so I'm going to change to a Braumeister.

This is the pilot brewery I have used over the last 5 years to create many commercial beers that you know and love during my time at Prickly Moses, Southern Bay and my latest venture, BrewCult. So to say "can this brewery make good beer" - the answer is yes but that also depends upon the person operating it.

Here are some of the beers that were born on this brewery:

- Prickly Moses The Raconteur IPA
- Prickly Moses Tailpipe
- Prickly Moses Session Ale
- Prickly Moses Black Panther IBA
- Southern Bay Requiem Pilsner
- Southern Bay Hop Bazooka IPA
- Southern Bay Metal Head Robust Porter
- BrewCult Acid Freaks Balsamic Baltic Porter
- BrewCult Hop Zone Session IPA

This is a 50L Single Infusion system - no RIMS or HERMS - as it was designed to replicate my full size brew houses. That said, the HLT has ports for HERMS you just need the copper tube and plumbing.

Included in this package is the following:
- 2 Tier Brew Stand on wheels
- 80L Aluminium Electric HLT
- 80L Aluminium Mash/Lauter Tun with custom false bottom (that cost me $600 alone)
- 100L Aluminium Kettle with two ports whirlpool & pump inlet.
- Bonus 120L Aluminium pot unused. Could be used as a bigger kettle or bigger mash tun. Has port already drilled.
- Rambo Burner, high-pressure regulator and 9kg gas bottle
- March Pump 815-PS (bigger than the usual 809) and all plumbing to connect the pump to all the vessels.
- Mashmaster Chill Out Heat Exchanger - 30 Plate with fittings, hoses etc.
- Control Panel with 3 x DEI 106H temperature controllers (Probes are fitted into the HLT and MT - Kettle temp controller is unused so you could take it off and hook it up to a fridge).
- Mashmaster Stainless Steel Mini-Mill and drill to run it. Includes Hopper.
- 5 x 60L Plastic Fermenters
- Separate Immersion heater to give the HLT a bit of a boost when required.

This brewhouse has served me well over the years.

At this stage I'm looking to sell the system as a complete unit and I'll consider any reasonable offer. If I don't get any reasonable offers this week then I'll separate the items out and price them accordingly.

This is a gun system and whomever buys this will be very happy with the beer they make out of this.

Please email me with offers or post any questions here. If you're interested in individual components please let me know which items and your offer and if the system does not go as a whole then I'll contact you so you can but the component.

Cheers and have an awesome brew day :)

Hendo

Photos

IMAG01811.jpg

IMAG01821.jpg

IMAG01832.jpg

IMAG01841.jpg

IMAG01851.jpg

IMAG01861.jpg

IMAG01871.jpg

IMAG01881.jpg

If you'd consider splitting I'd be interested in the immersion element and plate chiller.

JD

Cheers JD top-o-the-list if it doesn't sell as a whole :)

Scraped up all me change, $85.60, I'll pick it up....you know you want to.. :unsure:

Nice setup! Will do someone good if they take the whole lot!
Interested in immersion heater if split.

nu_brew said:
What is the 'ball park' $ for a set up like this?
You mean what I spent on it or what I want for it?

I've spent about $3-$3.5K over the years (some bits have been replaced with newer, better bits over the years).

I'm thinking about $1250ono to sell as a complete package and whomever buys it as a whole I'll even throw in some time to teach the new owner how it works and how to brew on it so they can make the best beer possible :)

Hendo

Funny my brew partner and I were only talking about upgrading on Saturday (yep we were brewing a golden ale) and then this beauty falls in our laps!!!

Bloody stoked!!! Will be a step up from my current rig (20lt urn, keg's for mash tun and boiler) and should make brewing day a bit easier!!

Cheers Hendo for letting go of this baby!!!

Woohoo. Can't wait to get this baby into the garage and brew some sweet, sweet ........ um, what's it used for ......... oh yeah, BEER.

Good buy mate. Hope you make some cracking beers with it.

esssee said:
Woohoo. Can't wait to get this baby into the garage and brew some sweet, sweet ........ um, what's it used for ......... oh yeah, BEER.
Its mainly used for impressing other envious brewers, oh yeah and beer...

Latest posts

Back