• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

For Sale: Marga Mill

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phrak

The Dutch Knight Brewery
Reaction score
Fellow Alcoholists,

I have decided to sell my trusty marga mill to assist the funding for a march pump. Please buy it ;-)

The mill has served me well for about 2yrs now, and has probably only had maybe 40kg of grain run through it. Still in excellent condition.

My mill has the following "custom" features:
  • The gap width setting knob has been modified in accordance to official AHB guidelines :p
  • The crank handle slot has had the inclusion of an 8mm dynabolt allowing easy attachment to a drill for motorisation.
  • The mill base has been removed, ready to be attached to a base-board of your choosing.
  • The plastic hopper grain slot has been lengthened to allow a more even distribution of grain to the rollers.
All original accessories will be included in the sale, including the original box.

The mill will be (re)cleaned and the gears silicon greased prior to shipment.

If you'd like, I can include a (very rough) diagram with dimensions for an extended hopper. My cardboard template of this design (that I'm still using!) is able to hold about 8-9kgs of grain.

I'd like to run this sale as a mini auction:
* No PM Bids please, please post to this thread.
* The sale will close 24hrs after the "Reserve" price has been met.
* The first person to post to this thread offering the "Instant" price will instantly be the winner, except where the postage vs pickup rule applies.
* A "Pickup" bid beats a "Plus Postage" bid, where the price difference is <$15
* Please indicate if your bid is pickup or plus postage.

Reserve price: $80
Instant price: $100

Any questions, please ask :)

Tim

Cheers Mattese :icon_cheers:

Brando, can do. Anything you'd particularly like to see?

Tim

I'd like to see in particular how the dynabolt arrangement is set up. Does this prevent the original crank from being used?

Cheers
Jason.

I'd like to see in particular how the dynabolt arrangement is set up. Does this prevent the original crank from being used?

Cheers
Jason.

Sure, will get out in the shed shortly. But yes, whilst-ever the dynabolt is in the hole, the original crank has nowhere for insertion.

It's a relatively trivial task to remove the dynabolt though, with no damage to the crank hole.

Tim

Sure, will get out in the shed shortly. But yes, whilst-ever the dynabolt is in the hole, the original crank has nowhere for insertion.

It's a relatively trivial task to remove the dynabolt though, with no damage to the crank hole.

Tim

Cheers mate, I am taking it you machined/filed the dynabolt to fit the slot, or you just bought one that was the least dimension of the slot and expanded it hard against the slot so it was tight and didn't slip?

Cheers
Jason.

I'll tentatively put down $80 bucks, no postage.

Any photos of the gap modification?

Cheers
Jason.

Cheers mate, I am taking it you machined/filed the dynabolt to fit the slot, or you just bought one that was the least dimension of the slot and expanded it hard against the slot so it was tight and didn't slip?

Cheers
Jason.

Yep, just found a dynabolt where the head fit in the slot, and expanded against the inside or the barrel. I'm pretty sure it was an 8mm dynabolt.

Photos to follow very shortly.

I guess I will raise to $85 + $15 postage = $100.

It just looks neater that way. :D
Cheers Mattese. :icon_cheers:

Reserve has been met @ $85 plus postage, closing 09:13 AEST tomorrow.

Yep, just found a dynabolt where the head fit in the slot, and expanded against the inside or the barrel. I'm pretty sure it was an 8mm dynabolt.

Photos to follow very shortly.
yup, thats what i use. 8mm dynabolt fits nicely and is easily removed with no damage to the crank hole
hehe, crank hole.

Photos as follows. The mill hasn't been cleaned yet or removed from it's backing board, so bear that in mind ;)

Click for high-res shots:

T minus 1hr and counting....
Current hight bid is Mattese @ $85 plus postage.

100 instant.
sniper right back at you :p

Hang on doesn't my 90 with no postage still beat your 95 with postage :unsure:

100 instant.
sniper right back at you :p

Hang on doesn't my 90 with no postage still beat your 95 with postage :unsure:

Winnah!
Syd_03, thanks - I'll hold your bid at $90 pickup in accordance with the rules in my OP
smile.gif

PM me when you'd like to pop in to pickup.

Mattese, thanks for your interest mate, GL finding another mill. :icon_cheers:

:icon_chickcheers:
Tim

Latest posts

Back