• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

For Sale: Hop Rhizomes

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anofre

Reaction score
IMG_0926c.jpg

Digging up the hops garden
+-10 Goldings variety rhizomes available now.
PM me if interested.
Cluster and POR coming soon.

$10 each + $10 for postage
I can hold them for people coming to the Spotted Cow beer festival if that works for you.

I pack them with hay to winter.
I find them a very hardy variety and have been good to me in the South East Queensland region.
Original stock purchased through this forum.

Usual deal with WA & TAS

I have a small number of Chinook available also.
Seems to go well in SEQ

if you still have some i would be interested.

2x gold

1x chin

how would you like payment

Hey there I'm interested in POR when available, also I'd like 2 of your goldings!I'm new to this forum and to this site, sorry for the stupid question but what's PM Mean? Cheers mate!

Hey there I'm interested in POR when available, also I'd like 2 of your goldings!I'm new to this forum and to this site, sorry for the stupid question but what's PM Mean? Cheers mate!

PM means Private Message. If you click on his name you can select to send them a message.

Juzza:
2x goldings
1x chinook
No drama. I'll drop you a PM

Adam pike:
I'll be digging up POR this weekend.
2x goldings + 1x POR too easy
I'll PM you, or you can me, by clicking on the drop down menu on my avatar.

Packages are on the way to those concerned.
Thank you for the great response. I hope you enjoy your new hobby!
Pride of Ringwood and Vienna Gold (cluster) will be coming up this weekend due to popular demand.
I find them (along with Goldings) hardy and yield well in my region which is well outside the recommended growing latitudes, and recommend them as starting varieties for testing your green thumb.

Goldings is a good variety to start with.
I'm in S.A. and grew hops for the first time last season. I achieved a yield of 3kg wet from a piece of Goldings rhizome which was about 20cm long by about 1cm thick. I cut it in half and planted the two pieces about a metre apart.
Lots of manure helps. :)

Vienna Gold hops, otherwise known as Cluster, are available now. I have about a dozen.
This is by far my most hardy and well reported grower in QLD.

Pride of Ringwood hops also available now. Another excellent grower.

Still have a few Goldigs and 1 or 2 Chinook left also.

I can't wait to start growing these Goldings since I love English ales so much :p When is the best time to get them in the ground?

I personally like to get them in the ground ASAP, but other than initial watering, don't water until spring.
The root seems to start growing well before the leaves pop, and get best results from hops planted earlier than late.

We don't get much winter rain here, so they keep quite dry. Moisture & rot is the drama & you will get that even storing in a fridge. Keep an eye on them, let them breath regularly & make sure the bag isn't wet on the inside & they will last till late spring if you had to.

pm sent. goldings arrived today and look great, cheers!

Recieved my Goldings yesterday :) Very well packed, can't wait to get them in the ground! Thanks

Cheers anofre, Very nice bloke to with :beer:

Recieved rhizolmes, can't wait to get the ball rolling! From beginning to end the whole process from purchase to delivery was awesome!!! Thanks to ANOFRE!!! Cheers mate!

IMG_0956c.jpg

The mother Cluster as it came up.
Rhizome cuttings still available.
Very prolific and hardy. The species I recommend to all beginner hops gardeners.

Latest posts

Back