• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

For Sale - Ag Brewery, Brisbane

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dreamboat

Fantasy Brewer
Reaction score
I can no longer drink, so after looking at my brewery in the garage for the last 18 months, it is now up for sale.

Brew Stand - welded steel, three tier, outlet from the kettle is conveniently just above the height of the top of a fermenter. Painted ply platforms for the hot liquor tank and mash tun. Temperature control and digital timer fixed to the frame.

Kettle - converted keg, stainless steel socket welded to it, stainless steel ball valve. Strainer which can be screwed to the inside of the stainless socket to keep most of your hop flowers out of the fermenter. (no picture of the strainer, not even sure where it is...). Kettle has a heat shield which goes around it to keep most of the heat on the keg when the burner is going.

Burner - 4 ring, cast iron, big heavy thing which works a treat.

Hot Liquor tank - Urn, around 25 litres, 2400 Watts. Two valves on the outlet (brazed on) to allow you to drain hot water to either the mash tun or direct to the kettle.

Mash tun - Urn, around 30 litres, 2400 Watts, with both V-wire mesh false bottom and drilled copper pickup tube under.

Insulation for both the HLT and the mash tun is cut to shape polystyrene. Mash tun insulation is around 50mm thick, only around 10mm for the HLT.

Mash Paddle - Big strong stainless steel handle with big stainless steel plate welded to the end.

Cooling Coil - Copper tube rolled to shape, sized to fit into the HLT if HERMS is your thing.

Operation - I designed this system to minimise the time required to get a brew completed on the brew day. Typically, I would measure the grain out the day before, and keep it in a bucket ready to go. I fill the mash tun with the right quantity of strike water and and mash salts, and set the timer for about 1/2 an hour before I want to mash in, and set the thermostat (Dixell) for the desired strike water temperature. When I got home from work, or out of bed or whatever, simply check the strike water temperature and pour the grain into the mash tun, mix it in, put the lid on, and move the temp probe into the HLT and set the desired HLT temp. The mash tun is well insulated, typically having a temp drop of around 1C during the course of the mash. With the element in the mash tun it is possible to add heat directly, but there is a possibility of scorching if the element is run for too long, it can still be done, but only for short bursts at a time. I'll have to check the brew book, but I think the most grain I have mashed before was around 8kg (not much room to stir the mash with this load) to do a double batch of a light beer - more typical would be 5kg.

$600 for the lot. Not too interested in splitting and ending up with half the gear still in the garage in 6 months time...

Photo's....

Image00001.jpg

Image00002.jpg

Image00003.jpg

Image00004.jpg

Image00005.jpg

Image00006.jpg

Image00007.jpg

Image00008.jpg

Image00009.jpg

Image00010.jpg

PM or post in the thread if you are interested.

Rob.

The polystyrene was cut to shape to fit around the vessels. I recall that the place was in Acacia Ridge or thereabouts but can't recall the name of the company.

Brewery has been sold pending payment and collection in a month or so.

Next to go will be the keg fridge and taps. Will start a new thread and get pictures up shortly.

dreamboat

Its none of my business but what has stopped you drinking? Just had enough ?

Sad to see you sell up mate. It was a brewday at your place that eventually resulted in my garage looking like it does today :rolleyes: .
At least it got me out of K&K brewing.
All the best in the future.

Its none of my business but what has stopped you drinking? Just had enough ?

Hey Bear, physically can't drink anymore, tightness in the chest, breathing difficulties, all the good stuff. So i've pretty much given up completely. Have had maybe 6 stubbies this year, have one every now and then to see if things have improved but no luck.
Having a beer is hardly important in the scheme of things, so I just don't anymore.

dreamboat

Darn shame to read that Dreamboat, wishing you good health in life!

Yeah mate not good at all. Beer we love but you cant drink it if youre not here right?

Best of luck in regards to getting things back on track.

Apologies for a very belated bump, but the guy who agreed to buy my brewery appears to have dropped off the face of the earth, so the brewery is still available!

As before, PM me or post on the thread if you are interested.

Rob

SOLD!

Brewery has a new home on the Southside with Mattese.

Rob

Thanks so much for all the advice and help with that Rob. I ran a brew through last night to get to know it, and I think this could be the start of a beautiful friendship...

Will keep you posted!!

Didn't waste any time mate!

Well done, that will be a weight off your mind. I sympathise: I can't drink any more.

Can't drink any less either.

Back