For All The Glad Wrappers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love the Glad, even used alfoil the other day.

I still use a lid but i use it to hold the temp probe in the brew.

No airlocks used here any more...... the hold gets a simple square of duct tape stuck over it to keep the mice out.

If i use a yeast like a wheat or Kolsch that will foam to the lid and make a mess..... it gets a grommet and run a tube to a blow off tube.

But what do you do with the kittens when you don't have an airlock?

I still use a lid but i use it to hold the temp probe in the brew.

Same here, always have a blowoff fitted to mine though, hate messy cleanups :p

You guys are all stuck in the dark ages. I have since moved on to Press n Seal.

Anyone who still uses gladwrap threatens kitten's thoats.

pns_01.jpg

I thought all Rappers were glad.

Especially with all the cars, bling and bitches.

I thought all Rappers were glad.

Especially with all the cars, bling and bitches.

there not all glad johnno! they dont have you as there back bitch

Ok, never done the glad wrap thing!

So are you all saying you don't use the lid and airlock anymore - you just glad wrap around the thread part of the fermenter and put a big rubber band around, is that about it?

What happens to all the gas given off, does it just slowly dissipate through the rubber band seal or something?

Cheers

Molly

sure does, makes it easy to take samples without sucking shit into your beer too

ive just swapped over to blowoff tubes on the willow cubes, cant be fked cleaning it up all the time
just drilled a hole in the cube lids and jammed some tube in, now my brews can fart and follow through as much as they please

What do you do when your fermenter top has a diameter greater than 30cm???

Cheers

Paul

just lap it over and if its over 50cm lap another one over lol if its that big then you have a drinking habbit :p

cant be any harder than shrink wrapping a workmate to a sacktruck and wheeling him into the cold room for a while.. :)

Day 3 of the wrapping & so far so good although when I open the fermenting fridge door I hear a faint Yo Yo Yo! :p Probably the yeast. :p

Cheers

Paul

One layer straight on. Leave 20cm so that you only have the 'fresh' stuff touching the rim of the fermenter. Rubber band on, break off, done.

Another option instead of the rubber band is to use the rubber o-ring that is located in the lid for the fermenter (which may have already been mentioned).

Perfectly sized for the fermenter, and a lot more sturdy!

Sponge

Another option instead of the rubber band is to use the rubber o-ring that is located in the lid for the fermenter (which may have already been mentioned).

Perfectly sized for the fermenter, and a lot more sturdy!

Sponge

i took one of the o-rings out of the bunnings lid to use and the bloody thing broke on the join, pissed me off heaps :angry:

so i decided to stretch the unsed kitten around and tie it's tail around it's neck to hold on the wrap

Off topic:

i don't think that the kitten joke is funny any more. Actually i didn't find it funny when it was being used all the time either. i reckon it's time it was forgotten about.

any new brewer that reads about kittens and airlocks is thinking "what the **** are these dudes talking about".

Latest posts

Back