My All Grain Brew Rig/System

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks good macca, all you need for the heat shield would be something like a piece of fibro, eg blueboard, or even better a piece of 10mm compressed fibro. You might be able to pick up an off cut out of a skip bin on a building site.

Black Devil Dog said:
Looks good macca, all you need for the heat shield would be something like a piece of fibro, eg blueboard, or even better a piece of 10mm compressed fibro. You might be able to pick up an off cut out of a skip bin on a building site.
Ill look into that. Thanks for the suggestion :)

Thought I would make an update on how my system is going. I have only had one brew day so far. Mainly due to one part not working and then the replacement not working either. But all is sorted and I have been busy with work, uni and the footy.
Since I wanted to do it all right the first time, I have been researching a lot more now and want my brew controller to control two pids. One for the HLT and one for a HERMS that I build with the help of Nev from Gryphonbrewing
Most of it is all setup now, but I am still waiting on parts to arrive for the brew controller.

2013-09-20%2018.07.44.jpg

2013-09-21%2013.46.42.jpg

The wiring is a little too complex for me so as soon as I have all the parts Ill drop it off at a friends house and he will do the wiring fro me.
I have actually ordered different switches too, so will remove the jaycar ones when I get them. Just waiting on the ramping pid to arrive, all the switches
and the alarms and the ssrs. I have two circuits in my house so I will be setting it up so it has to power ins.

Cheers
Macca

PS - can someone please tell me how to make the pictures shrink so then when you click on them they enlarge. Thanks

macca05 said:
PS - can someone please tell me how to make the pictures shrink so then when you click on them they enlarge. Thanks
Well, one way is to make use of the site members' Galleries which has thumbnail images that point to the main image - you'll have to upload you images into your own gallery first. For example, from my Gallery (and using FireFox) do the following steps:

1. Move mouse over a particular thumbnail, right click and select "Copy Image Location"

2. In a new post edit, select the "Image" command and paste the image location into the subsequent dialog URL field, and "OK"

3. Go back to the Gallery, mouse over the same thumbnail again, right click and this time select "Copy Link Location"

4. Back in the new post edit, select the image that you've added in step 2., select the "Link" post edit command and paste the link location and that should so it for one picture. ....... [ put some space characters before the image if you have trouble selecting the image ]

[<--- ed. added example pix]

Cool thanks. Will give that a go next time. In the mean time Ill start uploading pics to my gallery.

Spoonta said:
What sensers are you running
I am using these two from auberins
http://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=20_15&products_id=96
The above is for my herms
http://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=20_15&products_id=107
This one is for my HLT

If I was choosing again I would of got this for my HLT or for any that need to be mounted in a pot/kettle
http://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=20_15&products_id=84
It weldless so you dont need to add anything else. I just bought from the brew shop today a half inch weldess kit and then had to buy a hex reducer from 1/2 t o1/4 to mount the probe in. Just means I have to drill a bigger hole in pot

Will add new photos in the next couple of days. My controller is all up and running. Just need to buy a couple of those clips to mount to switches. Connector things. Masters sell them so ill stop in tmrw after work.

Macca

Ok,
Finally have my brew controller up and running. Hopefully get all the testing done in the next week or so.

Here is some pictures

BIG thanks to Qldkev for talking me through some problems I was having :)

Image 1 - The control box before I had the alarms installed
Image 2 - All the wiring
Image 3 - The box powered up with an alarm going
Image 4 - My HERMS (Thanks to Nev), The controller and my fridge

Dont know why the pics show up as upside down but they show correct when you click on them

Just wanna say thanks to all on AHB. Been great reading over everything here and learning heaps

Macca

I seem to be doing more building then actually making any brews. But it keeps me busy as study and work takes up most if not all of my time. I get and build something when I can't look at the computer any longer.

Here's my latest addition to the brew house.

Still a bit more work to clean and them up. GOt to buy smaller bolts to mount it and also new bolts for the adjustment bolts. And drill holes for the adjustment bolts.

Mounting it all onto a kitchen cabinet with a mounted drill. Wouldnt mind getting a a dryer motor assembly if I can find one. I did see a dryer in an industrial area a couple of days ago. Might see if its there and pick it up. Hopefully if its there I dont get seen and it looks like im dumping it :) Haha

Macca

Latest posts

Back