Flow Rite Flow Control Pinch Valve

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Munut

Reaction score
Was thinking of fitting the John Guest type needle flow valves so I need not worry about line lengths and serving pressures. It was going to be a resonably expensive exersize as the valves are around $30 x2 and I would have to change all my beer line to 8mm line. I was looking on Ebay to see if I could find them cheaper and can across these. Do any of you with more experiance than me see why they wouldn't work in this application cause I don't see a reason why they wouldn't.

The restriction would be quite gradual and smooth to limit turbulance and CO2 coming out of solution and I wouldn't have to change my lines.

Copied from the flow rite web page:

Features

Fluid contact with valve eliminated.

Meters fluid flow from zero to full flow.

Designed for fine adjustment of fluid flow.

Easy to read metered scale (1mm division) on valve body.

Fits tube O.D. sizes from 4.0mm to 13.0mm or 5/32" to 1/2" O.D.

Each valve fits a range of tube sizes.

No fittings, cutting or removal of existing tubing required to install valves.

Ideal for usage with soft wall tubing

Valves manufactured from Delrin

Applications

Medical

Pharmaceutical

Food & Beverage

Chemical Processing

Laboratory Equipment

Analytical Instrumentation

Fluid Delivery Systems

Pneumatic Systems

_BqvwJlQB2k___KGrHqQOKiQEu4yJCg_jBLwv3yYKOw___1.jpg

_BqvwJngB2k___KGrHqYOKk_EucO3h6pyBLwv3ynNV____1.jpg

could be wrong but thinking back to my mechanics apprenticeship dosnt having a sudden reduction in space in between 2 equal areas cause a vacuum on the other side which would cause sudden increased flow causing turbulence? turbulence causing a glass full of head?

I know what I'll do I'll try it with a vice grip. If that works two of them will look a bit neater than vice grips in my fridge.

Dosen't work forget I ever said anything

Latest posts

Back