Flat Kegged Beer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AussieJosh

Reaction score
I kegged a batch of wheat beer about 3 weeks ago. Went the way of Natural conditioning with 1/3 cup of sugar. My dispensing pressure is about 70kpa. The beer kinda makes me burp, but does not hold a head and has very little to no bubbles :(
Any advise!?

Cheers.

Are you sure 1/3 cup of sugar is enough for the keg volume (I'm assuming your keg is 19L)? Sounds lowish to me.

Simple option is to force carbonate now.

How long have you held the 70kpa pressure for?

only about an hour.
So force carb at 230kpa? for how long do you think???

Given that it now has an unknown amount of carbonation I would leave it hooked up at serving pressure for a week or so rather than risk over carbing. :beer:

Not only is the above good advice, but by hooking it up at serving pressure for a week or so, you wont stir up all of the crap in the bottom of the keg that you made in there by naturally carbing ;)

I've found that to be the best way - just use serving pressure and come back a week later.

Ok guys! Ill try to keep my hands off it for a week then come back to it! Might have to fork out for a carton!? :(
When you guys do the Natural conditioning method, how much sugar do you use for a 19L Keg!?

Ok guys! Ill try to keep my hands off it for a week then come back to it! Might have to fork out for a carton!? :(
When you guys do the Natural conditioning method, how much sugar do you use for a 19L Keg!?

It will take as much, if not more time to naturally carbonate a keg [As in sugar at room temp] as to have it chilled and hooked up to serving temp...

So can how many kegs can you fit in your fridge? etc..

Have you ever tried the ross method?

shake at pressure, ie the ross method.
i would go with the suggestion of serving pressure for a week
less chance of over carbonation

Theres this

And the Ross Method - Can take a few to master but once you do.... I keg and chill for a night, filter + carb + POUR the next day!...

Each to their own, hope it helps!

2c.

Back