Flat Beer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Damo007

Reaction score
Hi all, long time lurker, first time poster. I stuffed a bulk prime up, I added the dextrose to the fermenter, but didn't get back to bottling for about a week later. dont ask why..... I've left the bottled beer for about 3 weeks, but there is no carbonation, can I fix this or is the beer dead?

Please don't tell me it's so....

Any help would be muchly appreciated.

Damo

Hey Damo,

If you added the dextrose and then left it for a week before bottling the yeasties would have eaten it all, leaving nothing for bottling. Just open each bottle and add some more dextrose then re cap.

Cheers
Jye :beer:

Jye said:
Hey Damo,

If you added the dextrose and then left it for a week before bottling the yeasties would have eaten it all, leaving nothing for bottling. Just open each bottle and add some more dextrose then re cap.

Cheers
Jye :beer:
[post="105029"][/post]​

Sweet, thanks dude. any idea how much more i should add? The same again or less?

The dextrose would have fermented right out, so add the same amount you would normally for individual bottles.

I would recommend mixing the dextrose into some water, boil it if possible. I have done this once before ages ago and it actually didn't work that well for me. However, if you pour the dry dextrose in it may foam up in the bottle. If you put the dextrose in solution this doesn't seem to happen to the same extent.

That said I am not an expert on this. That is just my experience.

Latest posts

Back