Five Grain Fresh Wort Kit? 5grain?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spiderpig

Reaction score
Greetings all,

Tried a beer through a friend of a friend on the the weekend which was divine. When I asked him what the kits was he was using he said it was a fresh wort kit, something called 5 grain or 5 malt? He was pretty vague and not 100%, so I thought posting here to see if anyone knew anything about it?

Is there such a beast out there? If so, who makes it and how do I get my hands on it - the kit that is...? I've googled this everyway possible and came up with nothing. It really is a very nice beer and I would love to have one in the bottle ready to drink for Christmas time.

Cheers.

Hey Spiderpig I think he might of used the Brewers Selection - Amber Ale. In the description on the kit I believe it mentions something about 5 different malts being used.

Als mentioned on the craft brewer website

Brewers Selection - Amber Ale

This lovely amber Ale is brewed with 5 different malts
& is comparable to the James Squire Amber Ale
We recommend US-56 Dried yeast or Wyeast 1056 liquid Yeast

Dave.

Dave,

You're a legend, thanks so much mate. I'll hunt one of these down locally in Newcastle (hopefully) and have that down as my next batch. I purchased the NNL American Amber Ale and dropped that one tonight. I only made to 19 ltrs, as one who bottles, that's obviously short of the standard 22/23 ltrs. I am going for quality here, not quantity.

Thanks again Dave, you're a good man.

Cheerio,
Spiderpig

Dave,

You're a legend, thanks so much mate. I'll hunt one of these down locally in Newcastle (hopefully) and have that down as my next batch. I purchased the NNL American Amber Ale and dropped that one tonight. I only made to 19 ltrs, as one who bottles, that's obviously short of the standard 22/23 ltrs. I am going for quality here, not quantity.

Thanks again Dave, you're a good man.

Cheerio,
Spiderpig

Yeah that's the one. It's pretty good too! Didn't last a week here... :chug:

I'll hunt one of these down locally in Newcastle (hopefully) and have that down as my next batch. I purchased the NNL American Amber Ale and dropped that one tonight.

Spiderpig,

Whereabouts in Newcastle did you end up buying it from??

G'day mate. I got the NNL American Amber Ale Fresh Wort from Marks Home Brew at Islington. He had quite a few in stock, $40 includes a SAF Yeast. Hopefully it'll be as good as the Brewers Selection Amber Ale.

Cheers.

Full Name:

Brewers Selection Fresh Wort Five Malts Amber Ale
An Amber Ale made from Traditional Ale,Vienna, Amber, CaraPils & Caraaroma malts. Comes with Safale S-04 but great with almost any of the White Labs Ale yeasts.$2.00 refund for CLEAN containers. Product Details...

Linky

Ive been using this 5malt amber ale as a lazy day brew.
Its tops!
I feel it has a quite low SG tho.
Great with Whitbread English Ale Yeast 1066

couldn you just add ??gm dex to up the SG if you wanted a stronger beer?
i live in newy might have to give that one a crack!

Back