First World Problems Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pushed my hand into the brandy bowl trying to reach a spot of dried beer. Smashed it. Looked and there was a piece if glass embedded in the back of the hand.

Here goes the plan to make a risotto tonight. Guess I'm doing something frozen.

Internet Providers. The sneaky so & sos they update and reduce the cost of services without telling customers. It is up to you to keep an eye on the plans and change accordingly.

Rubber Gloves from the supermarket. Does not matter what you buy even the most expensive ones don't last very long before leaking.

Tropical_Brews said:
Rubber Gloves from the supermarket. Does not matter what you buy even the most expensive ones don't last very long before leaking.
Yeah. With you there. My missus buys these super expensive, non-latex ones (latex allerg) and she seems to go through a couple of pairs a week. You'd think they could invent a rubber glove that actually lasted. I'm sure its a conspiracy.

Cheers
Dave

Stupid bloated years out of date websites such as Eatability, Menumate, Menulog, Tripadvisor, TrueLocal etc. Just been to Chatswood for a couple of days and all the sites were DEAD WRONG trying to find Indian Restaurants, Asian Grocers, you name it. Either they closed down yonks ago or they just aren't there or never existed in the first place. These sites are fecking useless and now I'm home I'll give them a spray of emails, not that they care I guess as long as people keep clicking clicking clicking - I guess Sensis / Yellow pages are still the most reliable. I did find an Indian Grocers, accidentally ran into it opposite St Leonards station.

And guess what, not a single Indian restaurant (apart from a daytime bain marie setup at a foodcourt) in the whole of Chatswood, you know, Sydney's second massive CBD on the North Shore. Being swamped out by Korean BBQs etc. Odd, as every other pissy little strip of shops such as Epping, etc, has at least one Indian.

Google maps my friend, google maps.

PS: you should've tried to find Indian on a Sunday morning with my car GPS. Useless piece of shit.

Michael, I cannot recommend highly enough you download the app 'around me' for your phone, it is bloody brilliant at finding things around you. When we were in the states Liam blew me away with his ability to find things/places. For instance, I was after a piece of luggage from high sierra, we are walking down some street in San Fran, Liam gets on his phone, opens around me and goes "ahh there is a Macys a couple of blocks away that sell them" and off we go. We used it to find pubs, breweries, bottle shops, restaurants, you name it.

cheers

Browndog

Around me didn't use to be that flash in oz, a year or so ago.... Might have improved. I've been using localscope, it gives you quite an exhaustive list of search options. Try it.

Bribie, has your carrier updated you Note to Jelly Bean? If so, you should have Google Now. Use that, it'll kick any app's dick in.

Also, Korean BBQ rules pretty hard. You should have had that.

[EDIT: typo]

Only appropriate apps I have atm are the preloaded Galaxy one "local" and "Maps" which is the Google phone version, and both quite happily list a restaurant on Bribie Island that closed down in 2002 and local lista a Thai Restaurant that was demolished 14 years ago :huh: to make way for a high rise, so sadly I have little confidence. local listed the Kasturi North Indian diner at Chastwood that's now a law office.
However I'll certainly give "around me" a whirl.

Currently on Ice Cream Sandwich, I'll check updates, ta.

Google Now uses pretty much anything it can find on the internet rather than data specific to the app. Over time it will start telling you things before you ask for them - eg. if every time you go to a city you haven't been before you search for the local Indian restaurants Now might start showing you the locations of some as you arrive in town (patterns of use depending, etc). Fairly innovative type of dealie.

bum said:
Google Now uses pretty much anything it can find on the internet rather than data specific to the app. Over time it will start telling you things before you ask for them - eg. if every time you go to a city you haven't been before you search for the local Indian restaurants Now might start showing you the locations of some as you arrive in town (patterns of use depending, etc). Fairly innovative type of dealie.
Woops, Bribie will be going travelling with the Mrs and the app will start showing the *** shops from its analysis of his out of town visits! Now, where did I put that aluminium foil hat.

practicalfool said:
Woops, Bribie will be going travelling with the Mrs and the app will start showing the *** shops from its analysis of his out of town visits! Now, where did I put that aluminium foil hat.

Top local brothels recommended for you!

Bribie G,
I know youré not there anymore, but I really have to complain about Bribie Island.
Went there for a holiday in January and really, It's not much more than a retirement village with a moat.
other than fishing and the beach, nothing else.
If I'm going somewhere for a holiday I expect to be entertained. :p

The RSL often has a Meatloaf or a Credence tribute show, what more could you desire? To be fully entertained you should have gone to Morayfield Shopping town and sat and watched the locals, better than a trip to Taronga Zoo and about as aromatic.

Well it's got the biggest high rises :)

Balmain kicks arse of course, as does Newtown.

brentice said:
I havent made a batch of beer in 2 weeks. ITs True
2 months here. I have had to buy tun bitter :ph34r:

Back