First timer looking for help

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cheers guys yea gonna leave this first brew sit for 2 weeks and but a new brew on tommorrow, gonna go to the Home Brew shop 2mrw and get some Mangrove Jacks and decent yeast for the secound brew.
my plan was just to get the basic tools (Brigalow Kit) and add on from there so slowly getting all the stuff i need, thanks for all the advise guys will follow it all :)

leave a couple of bottles for 8 weeks before you drink them.
You will be amazed at how much better it tastes.

What's this clearing stuff you speak of? Does it come with the kit?

Beercus

as per everyone's advisejust went to the home brew shop and got some good yeast $5 and im putting on a 2nd brew tonight, got some brewers choice sterilizer and afew extra goods and had a chat with the guy that owns the store for a good 30mins.
Did a google search for home brew shops around boondall and visited a shop called "The Brewing Hub" in zillmere and got a pleasent suprise,they dont sell supplies they have facilities where you can go in and brew your own stuff which i though was cool and a temperature controlled freezer to store your brew till its ready :) will be going there often i thinks.

sorry for the double post

"beercus" you do get one with the kit but you can buy them from a home brew shop for $1 mangrove jack is the brand i got

beercus said:
What's this clearing stuff you speak of? Does it come with the kit?

Beercus
It's just plain old gelatin.
Much cheaper to buy from the supermarket.

stattonb said:
they have facilities where you can go in and brew your own stuff which i though was cool and a temperature controlled freezer to store your brew till its ready
In SA we have "U brew It" facilities. They have a great set up, you prepare you AG brew, they cool and filter, you add the yeast, they store in the cool room and you book a time in 2 weeks, they filter your beer, you arrive and sanitise your bottles and bottle and cap (they will even keg it for you). A basic brew is about $120/130 for 50 litres. It is ideal for people working or have no space/facilities at home. They even have 3 styles of beer on tap to drink whist brewing/bottling.

If it's the same one on Zillmere road, it used to be "Bru4U" and does goo (extract) beer. Not bad though.

It's pretty much a they do as much or little as you want and as long as you pitch the yeast, they avoid the excise.

Latest posts

Back