First time Brewer.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cobba

Reaction score
G'day, and cheers for allowing me to join, I've just bottled my first brew which was a coopers lager that came with kit, I've been patient with this as after 7 days my fg was 1015 at a constant temp of around 18 to. 20 deg cel, I left it for another week and fg was 1010, so now it's bottled and into a dark spot for about 3 weeks, how do you think it will turn out and what sort of alcohol percentage will I have, and one more question what is the best sterilising tips thanks, and like big Kev I'm excited..

These kits often do well with a month or so of age on them, it's doubtful they will make it, it's likely the last one will taste the best..

Invest in some starsan and a shit ton on chux type cloths for cleaning.

Check out the wiki section, lots of good info for starters.

Welcome to the board and the obsession

Yob

In addition to starsan or similar, for my bottles I rinse them, let them dry and then cover the tops with aluminium foil. That blocks any nasties from getting inside. I then put them in the oven for about an hour at 180. Then they're ready to go when you are.

Yeh yob I'm itching to have a taste, and thanks to you and eMPTY for the feedback.

Cobba said:
G'day, and cheers for allowing me to join, I've just bottled my first brew which was a coopers lager that came with kit, I've been patient with this as after 7 days my fg was 1015 at a constant temp of around 18 to. 20 deg cel, I left it for another week and fg was 1010, so now it's bottled and into a dark spot for about 3 weeks, how do you think it will turn out and what sort of alcohol percentage will I have, and one more question what is the best sterilising tips thanks, and like big Kev I'm excited..
That one should be around 4.5 - 4.9% once its in the bottle.

I've got an old beer keg set up for brewing, should I just keep it simple or should I try tweaking it a bit? I'm a Carlton Dry fan and Tooheys Extra dry fan, any ideas??? Sugar, carb drops?? Brew enhancers. Thanks again.

See if you can save a couple of bottles for 8 weeks.
You'll be amazed at how much better they taste once they're a couple of months old.

Is Milton a good steriliser??? Got some left over from the kids baby bottles.

Latest posts

Back