First Pilsner and I added too many bittering hops

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
353111.jpgWell ahead of Mr. Malty

Ducatiboy stu said:
In the old days, before google, slide rules where the only way of measuring complicated stuff, like yeast pitching
Back when leeches were the only medicine available.

Pop your 'manservant' on the table and let's take a look at it.

[quote name="manticle" post="1286305" timestamp="1431694412"
Pop your 'manservant' on the table and let's take a look at it.[/quote]

That is so wrong.

You never pop your manservant on the table, it's always the garage.

Some funny shit goes on here on a Friday night :)

To the OP.

Now a new Saturday has dawned you could ferment it out and taste it and if for your tastes you think it is too bitter you could make another beer with less hop bitterness and blend the two to achieve a nice average.

labels said:
More to the point, he has not stated which yeast he is using, pitch rate and fermentation temperatures.

Ferget the recipe, comes second.

What comes first! pitch rates, oxygen, fermentation temperature control, more control and then more understanding of what you're doing and why.

Get all that right and you're end up with a pretty good lager beer

Yeah I mentioned yeast and temp - check my OP. "Fermented at 12°C with Wyeast 2278 - Czech Pils"

Didn't mention pitching rate - didn't have time for a starter so just did a single smack pack which I know was a bit under. Getting there slowly from what I can see in the cube. I'll give her one more week in primary. Then rack to a keg for lagering.

Thanks for all the comments. Even if some of them were a little OT :p. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Back