First Home Brew Taste Whooo

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxy007

Reaction score
Hi all,
I tasted my first ever home brew after just over 3 weeks in the bottle.
and it's flat :(
it makes a hiss when i open the bottle and there's a head for about 30 seconds then nothing.
It looks like beer and tastes like beer but it's flat.
I used a can of 1.7Kg coopers mexican creveza
brew enhancer #2 and
kit yeast.
I used 2 coopers carb drops per 750ml bottle.
I fermented at 18-20 degrees and it's been in the bottle for just over 3 weeks.
It's now in the fridge.
is there anything i can do to get some bubbles happening?

Leave them to condition a bit longer to get the carbonation levels up more..that fixes the flatness

As for head retention...thats up to the manufacturer and your clean drinking glasses

Take them out of the fridge,they won't carbonate up in there.

Sometimes a good shake of each bottle will help wake up the yeast,of course you have to wait a couple of weeks more for everything to settle out.

Batz

yer i did my diacetyl rest with my mexican for 2 days, then bottled straight away. Left em out the fridge for a few days to speed the carbination process, then slapped em in the fridge as low as it can go for the last 2 weeks.

1 week after bottling (left out the fridge) was more than enough to let them carbonate properly. Now its just developing the flavour more in the fridge i can drink em anytime...

Was crystal clear too after 1 week in the bottle...I really dont think the racking to secondary would be a necessary step with this brew..unless i wanted to dry hop, or add fruit...

1 week after bottling (left out the fridge) was more than enough to let them carbonate properly. Now its just developing the flavour more in the fridge i can drink em anytime...

Was crystal clear too after 1 week in the bottle...I really dont think the racking to secondary would be a necessary step with this brew..unless i wanted to dry hop, or add fruit...

Mine have been in the bottle (out of the fridge) for 3 weeks. I only put them in the fridge last night and after reading your posts, took them out this morning. I lightly shook them all and will wait 2 more weeks to see if there is any improvement in the bubble situation.
They are not too bad considering :)

Maxy,

There was a pssst, which means it is carbonating, they just need a touch longer.

Brownie

Back