First Biab Day!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hendog88

Reaction score
Hey guys

had my first run doing an AG today. i have a 30 litre urn. day went really well was only 2 points over my SG at 1.055. i tried a Fat Yak clone i found on somewhere here (Acasta posted it) and put it through brewmate.

4.50 kg Pale Malt
0.50 kg Munich I
0.50 kg Wheat Malt
0.10 kg Caramalt

15.00 gm Nelson Sauvin (60 min)
10.00 gm Nelson Sauvin(10 min)
15.00 gm Cascade (10 min)
15.00 gm Cascade (0 min)
15.00 gm Nelson Sauvin(0 min)
1 whirfloc tablet

15.00 gm Cascade (Dry Hop 3 days)
15.00 gm Nelson Sauvin (Dry Hop 3 days)

found it really great putting everything ive been reading on here into use, only thing is after tasting it out of the hydrometer tube it was overly bitter, but other than that its looking very promising

can anyone point me in the right direction? will this bitterness calm down after fermentation and conditioning?

Don't sweat the bitterness, it will mellow out after fermentation.

Good stuff hendog. Looks like a good recipe. I make something similar. Cascade and Nelson are like peas and carrots. Like Felton said wait until after fermentation before you start to worry about bitterness.

sweet thats what i thought and wanted to hear. thanks guys :party:

this looks heaps like the keg I had at the Adelaide swap. really nice beer! I think you'll be happy with it..

would i really need to get a randall of cascade? there already seems to be a heap of hops in it now

No mate. The guys were referring to the Adelaide case swap. Fury's beer was passed through a randall full of cascade. The hops sort of coated your teeth.

Latest posts

Back